I just got my GCE O Levels result!

Samurai Edge

you lost me when you said cgo 0 level results.. what's that.

well whatever it is congradulations!

Oops! LSD is right on that. I'm too happy and forgot you people are mostly Americans and don't know British stuffs.

Singapore uses the British education. O Levels is one of the levels to go to University. At Primary 6 (12 years old), we will take an exam call PSLE, which we will be spilt to four parts, Special, Express (my group), Normal A and Normal T. Special and Express takes similar path, after 4 years of secondary school, we take the O Levels. For Normal A and Normal T, they take the N Levels after 4 years, if their N's results are good, at the fifth year, there would take the O Level. So, Express is like a faster way, since we don't take N Level, and go straight to O Level.

Anyway, L1R5 is the marks to go to JC, which they will take A Levels, and then to University (Uni).

While L1R4 is the marks to go to CI (a long route of JC with one more year) and get A Levels.

For me, I would choose Poly, since my marks are too low for A Levels, which I get a diploma first, and maybe go to Uni if I can.

Firstly congratulations on your achievements.

Your school system sounds so complex.

In Australia, at 5 years old, you spend a year at Kindergarten. Then the next 6 years at Primary School. Then the next 4 or 6 years at High School. At the 4-year mark, you do an exam called the School Certificate. You can leave and get a job then, or do the extra 2 years and get your Higher School Certificate, and maybe go to University if you wish.

This talk of O level, CI and JC hurts my head.

Nice work there, buddy, congratulations. :o

But damn, that is a complex education system. Reminds me of the New York subway system. Take the D to IRT 1, 2, 3 or 4 then take the Q to the R and get off at the L.

Oops! LSD is right on that. I'm too happy and forgot you people are mostly Americans and don't know British stuffs.

Singapore uses the British education. O Levels is one of the levels to go to University. At Primary 6 (12 years old), we will take an exam call PSLE, which we will be spilt to four parts, Special, Express (my group), Normal A and Normal T. Special and Express takes similar path, after 4 years of secondary school, we take the O Levels. For Normal A and Normal T, they take the N Levels after 4 years, if their N's results are good, at the fifth year, there would take the O Level. So, Express is like a faster way, since we don't take N Level, and go straight to O Level.

Anyway, L1R5 is the marks to go to JC, which they will take A Levels, and then to University (Uni).

While L1R4 is the marks to go to CI (a long route of JC with one more year) and get A Levels.

For me, I would choose Poly, since my marks are too low for A Levels, which I get a diploma first, and maybe go to Uni if I can.

Marvelous achievement but that's too hard to read for me.