XBOX 2 will be quite powerful...

Gryph

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not trying to down nintendo but their strongest revenue right now is almost entirely in the handheld dept. 2004 was not a strong yr for nintendo and i also hate to say the DS wasnt what everyone wanted it to be just like the psp launch in japan it was a little disapointing.

It will still be crap if there are no good games  :)

i found a place for xbox in my gaming habits - I find shooters and some strategy games besides graphically awesome - the loose analog sticks and configuration of the xbox controller, makes it good for shooters IMO - on the other hand, 3rd person games, RPG's, Racing, i prefer the PS2 - the graphics produced by PS2 makes these games lighting much better than xbox i think - and don't hurt my eyes - lol, also the control's tighter analog is good so you won't oversteer on a racing game =)

i can't say much about GC =( i don't have one- the controls are really tiny also - i don't have big hands or anything - but they are for 2 year old hand oO and raelly ackward to say the least. but the software it's okay (i like kiddy games)

I think Nintendo has learned its lesson by getting beat badly this time so they're gearing up for something quite revolutionary. I wouldn't discount Nintendo just yet. Supposedly their working on gyroscopic controllers. :)

Unlike other places thought, Nintendo has one hell of great 1st party support titles. They even do the outsource thing to other companies for franchises (Metroid is a fscking great example). At least they actually care about their quality when it comes to their systems. Sure they practically own the Handheld market, but the cube is pretty good. It's the diamond in the rough, you just need to know what to get for it.

K`dash  Posted Today, 05:51 PM

Unlike other places thought, Nintendo has one hell of great 1st party support titles. They even do the outsource thing to other companies for franchises (Metroid is a fscking great example). At least they actually care about their quality when it comes to their systems. Sure they practically own the Handheld market, but the cube is pretty good. It's the diamond in the rough, you just need to know what to get for it.

Indeed. Ikaruga kicks ass, as does Zelda and F-Zero. Still, i'm sticking with Sony because they've given me the best value for money in the past.

Though, i was playing Halo 2 with a friend a couple of hours ago, and it's pretty awesome.. the 'hijack' option allows a whole new dimension into the shooter gameplay.

"Floor buffed"? Elaborate a bit more, will you?

It's what I refer to when a company makes a game and instead of actually making a good game they make the graphics shiny and fool the Idiot Crowd into thinking that those are the most amazing graphics in the world.

I blame the unsuccessfulness of Nintendo on PS2 fans. The reason being is because as the Gamecube just started launching, I remember walking into Gamestop or EB Games and hearing these morons standing at the Gamecube section and blasting each and every game as being kiddy. Remember Resident Evil? That too was claimed to be kiddy. To my point, the Idiot Crowd (Who can't decide a damn thing for themselves.) listens to these PS2 fanboys and decide to join in the blasting and refusal to buy Nintendo products. I give you, PS2 fanboys, the middle finger salute (In no way am I bashing the PS2, just the fans.).

I think Nintendo has learned its lesson by getting beat badly this time so they're gearing up for something quite revolutionary. I wouldn't discount Nintendo just yet. Supposedly their working on gyroscopic controllers. :thumbsup1:

remember this is the company that brought us the power glove, running mat(i dun remember what it was called it was for track and field type games), & rob the robot, not exactly awesome controllers

K`dash   Posted Today, 05:51 PM

Indeed. Ikaruga kicks ass, as does Zelda and F-Zero. Still, i'm sticking with Sony because they've given me the best value for money in the past.

Though, i was playing Halo 2 with a friend a couple of hours ago, and it's pretty awesome.. the 'hijack' option allows a whole new dimension into the shooter gameplay.

Ikaruga isn't a 1st party game. I had it on Dreamcast a year before it hit GC

"Floor buffed"? Elaborate a bit more, will you?

It's what I refer to when a company makes a game and instead of actually making a good game they make the graphics shiny and fool the Idiot Crowd into thinking that those are the most amazing graphics in the world.

I blame the unsuccessfulness of Nintendo on PS2 fans. The reason being is because as the Gamecube just started launching, I remember walking into Gamestop or EB Games and hearing these morons standing at the Gamecube section and blasting each and every game as being kiddy. Remember Resident Evil? That too was claimed to be kiddy. To my point, the Idiot Crowd (Who can't decide a damn thing for themselves.) listens to these PS2 fanboys and decide to join in the blasting and refusal to buy Nintendo products. I give you, PS2 fanboys, the middle finger salute (In no way am I bashing the PS2, just the fans.).

damn sony! they killed the dreamcast