XBOX 2 will be quite powerful...

Gryph

"Floor buffed"? Elaborate a bit more, will you?

It's what I refer to when a company makes a game and instead of actually making a good game they make the graphics shiny and fool the Idiot Crowd into thinking that those are the most amazing graphics in the world.

I blame the unsuccessfulness of Nintendo on PS2 fans. The reason being is because as the Gamecube just started launching, I remember walking into Gamestop or EB Games and hearing these morons standing at the Gamecube section and blasting each and every game as being kiddy. Remember Resident Evil? That too was claimed to be kiddy. To my point, the Idiot Crowd (Who can't decide a damn thing for themselves.) listens to these PS2 fanboys and decide to join in the blasting and refusal to buy Nintendo products. I give you, PS2 fanboys, the middle finger salute (In no way am I bashing the PS2, just the fans.).

Very good points, and I remember seeing the "Idiot Crowd" over here as well. Now, for the record, I am a PS2 fan, not a fanboy. I acknowledge the good points in the GC and it's games, and the games are far from being kiddy.

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's what I refer to when a company makes a game and instead of actually making a good game they make the graphics shiny and fool the Idiot Crowd into thinking that those are the most amazing graphics in the world.

I blame the unsuccessfulness of Nintendo on PS2 fans. The reason being is because as the Gamecube just started launching, I remember walking into Gamestop or EB Games and hearing these morons standing at the Gamecube section and blasting each and every game as being kiddy. Remember Resident Evil? That too was claimed to be kiddy. To my point, the Idiot Crowd (Who can't decide a damn thing for themselves.) listens to these PS2 fanboys and decide to join in the blasting and refusal to buy Nintendo products. I give you, PS2 fanboys, the middle finger salute (In no way am I bashing the PS2, just the fans.).

Very good points, and I remember seeing the "Idiot Crowd" over here as well. Now, for the record, I am a PS2 fan, not a fanboy. I acknowledge the good points in the GC and it's games, and the games are far from being kiddy.

While GC's games are far from being kiddy, Nintendo made great marketing efforts to make the GC look like the "best console for kids". That's also part of what fooled the "Idiot crowd" into thinking the GC's games are kiddy.

While GC's games are far from being kiddy, Nintendo made great marketing efforts to make the GC look like the "best console for kids". That's also part of what fooled the "Idiot crowd" into thinking the GC's games are kiddy.

I think it has a lot to do with the Mario factor. The fact that Nintendo is the only company that owns him (unlike Sonic who has been shared between Sega and Nintendo) means that a lot of people see Nintendo and think Mario, and label the whole system kiddy. A great injustice to this awesome system.

And for the record, I don't know what everyone's problem is with the controller. I think it's great and I have bigger hands than most people. Buttons aren't awkward at all, I find them intuitive, easy to get the hang of. Its one weakness is possibly the Z-button, and it's not used much anyway.

I think it has a lot to do with the Mario factor. The fact that Nintendo is the only company that owns him (unlike Sonic who has been shared between Sega and Nintendo) means that a lot of people see Nintendo and think Mario, and label the whole system kiddy. A great injustice to this awesome system.

What do you think the general public sees Sonic as...a badass child molestor? Pfft!

I blame the unsuccessfulness of Nintendo on the fact that most of the games that it released sucked, and it's controller was even worse. The PS2 had more good games and it's controller is easy to use and what we've been used to for years (SNES layout, plus 4 shoulder buttons and 2 joysticks).

I've got no preferences for this round of the console war, though I'd like to see Nintendo get to the top again. May prove to be nostalgic.

I blame the unsuccessfulness of Nintendo on the fact that most of the games that it released sucked, and it's controller was even worse. The PS2 had more good games and it's controller is easy to use and what we've been used to for years (SNES layout, plus 4 shoulder buttons and 2 joysticks).

I've got no preferences for this round of the console war, though I'd like to see Nintendo get to the top again. May prove to be nostalgic.

Please do actual research.

blame nintendo's failure on always coming to market last (with underpowered hardware or crazy media) and refusing to grow up with the gaming community

blame segas failure on not allowing a system to mature and leaving one console for the next too soon.

Alright, first off, the ps2 is the winner at faking out graphics, think about the way they show off finaly fantasy, splinter cell, metal gear three and two, and def jam (might not count because of EA) , but the only good graphics for these games are the theatrical media in the game compared to what the games look like on the X-Box, the next console war may (in my opiniun) set out a master of video game console making next to the PC, meaning that only one company will come out alive controlling the rest of our gaming lives, if nintendo dies, microsoft just made more money, and ninetendo, they started a rage like no other against sega with the SNES, won, then they started it with the PS and lost, then they started it with ps2 and x-box and lost again, even tho the 3 straight out went for sega (SOB'S!), and now on the 4th console battles in the past and current 2-3 decades , one will be a winner making the fifth generation of consoles (im not counting atari) , and well, microsoft is full of power freaks and guys that just want money, I want ninento to win, even tho there controls are gay, and some of there games are ment for little kids, (I don't like the idea of MARIO SUNSHINE and I didn't even like the style of it), there actually passinat for games, microsoft even tho I have sopported them the most in the past, aren't just living up to what they can make...

blame nintendo's failure on always coming to market last (with underpowered hardware or crazy media) and refusing to grow up with the gaming community

I doubt that with Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0 and Metroid Prime grabbing my genderless spot of own.

I doubt that with Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0 and Metroid Prime grabbing my genderless spot of own.

Resident evil, funny you mention that after railing on graphics over gameplay in the team ninja thread. an old ass game that everyone was done with, brought back with a shiny coat of paint.

even still those three games don't outweigh all the kiddy games and cartoony crap that has always been the big N's bread and butter. but this stuff is falling out of favor even with the younger kids as my nephews have an xbox, ps1, PC and GC. they are 11 and 7 and neither will choose to play the GC if either of the other consoles is free. these kids don't read magazines or watch game related shows. they just "know".

now I am not saying every game on the GC is garbage. there are a few 1st party titles that shine. (metroid series, Zelda, err that's all i can think of) but all the 3rd party titles can be found on other systems and you don't have to deal with that "look what I designed while I was on crack" controller. or media that doesn't even hold half of what it's competetors do. or in the N64's case carts when every other gamemaker was producing on cd's. nintendo makes it hard for developers by using non standard media.