XBOX 2 will be quite powerful...

Gryph

Because Resident Evil remakes on Gamecube are different, they used the special edition versions that were harder, and these ones were released on gamecube, the pc or Dreamcast, never the PS2 version (Code Veronica is the execption here since they used that one).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resident evil, funny you mention that after railing on graphics over gameplay in the team ninja thread. an old ass game that everyone was done with, brought back with a shiny coat of paint.

even still those three games don't outweigh all the kiddy games and cartoony crap that has always been the big N's bread and butter. but this stuff is falling out of favor even with the younger kids as my nephews have an xbox, ps1, PC and GC. they are 11 and 7 and neither will choose to play the GC if either of the other consoles is free. these kids don't read magazines or watch game related shows. they just "know".

now I am not saying every game on the GC is garbage. there are a few 1st party titles that shine. (metroid series, Zelda, err that's all i can think of) but all the 3rd party titles can be found on other systems and you don't have to deal with that "look what I designed while I was on crack" controller. or media that doesn't even hold half of what it's competetors do. or in the N64's case carts when every other gamemaker was producing on cd's. nintendo makes it hard for developers by using non standard media.

How much dose of dumbass did you take?

im actully one of those people who got the ngc for resident evil... now they are making re4 for ps2 as well.. pfft jerks i thought they said ngc was the only resident evil console. Anyways still looking forward to it. I also wanted the new fzero game which was semi ok i guess.

I would get a GC just for both Metroid Primes, and Pikmins... but I don't have the cash. As for RE4, I was quite surprised that they were going to port it to the PS2, as it was GC-exclusive for so long.

I would get a GC just for both Metroid Primes, and Pikmins... but I don't have the cash. As for RE4, I was quite surprised that they were going to port it to the PS2, as it was GC-exclusive for so long.

Some random notes about the PS2 port.

It's being completely [1]rebuilt from stratch, [2]under a new development team, [3]without Maymaki's supervision at all (he pulled a fit when Capcom announced it, he wasn't even told about it).

Some random notes about the PS2 port.

It's being completely [1]rebuilt from stratch, [2]under a new development team, [3]without Maymaki's supervision at all (he pulled a fit when Capcom announced it, he wasn't even told about it).

Yeah, this is exactly what I've been hearing. Shame really, since Maymaki is great.

Resident evil, funny you mention that after railing on graphics over gameplay in the team ninja thread. an old ass game that everyone was done with, brought back with a shiny coat of paint.

even still those three games don't outweigh all the kiddy games and cartoony crap that has always been the big N's bread and butter. but this stuff is falling out of favor even with the younger kids as my nephews have an xbox, ps1, PC and GC. they are 11 and 7 and neither will choose to play the GC if either of the other consoles is free. these kids don't read magazines or watch game related shows. they just "know".

now I am not saying every game on the GC is garbage. there are a few 1st party titles that shine. (metroid series, Zelda, err that's all i can think of) but all the 3rd party titles can be found on other systems and you don't have to deal with that "look what I designed while I was on crack" controller. or media that doesn't even hold half of what it's competetors do. or in the N64's case carts when every other gamemaker was producing on cd's. nintendo makes it hard for developers by using non standard media.

How much dose of dumbass did you take?

hey if you think pikmen, pokemon, animal crossing, and mario tennis are killer ap must have titles more power too you. but blaming sony for the fall of sega or nintendo is just stupid, both those company's have made thier own mistakes. sony didn't hold a gun to thier heads and say "run your company like a fourth grader with A.D.D." I hope nintendo makes a comeback with a good system and some more mature games. I always choose my next system well after launch. and I have owned just about every system since the SMS. so if you think someone who's been involved in the game and console scene longer then you've been out of diapers is a dumbass...... whateva.

I think Nintendo has learned its lesson by getting beat badly this time so they're gearing up for something quite revolutionary. I wouldn't discount Nintendo just yet. Supposedly their working on gyroscopic controllers. :rofl:

remember this is the company that brought us the power glove, running mat(i dun remember what it was called it was for track and field type games), & rob the robot, not exactly awesome controllers

dude, that power mat was flocking awesome, i loved it!