Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What do you do for a living?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
Click to view battle stats
I'm studying computer sciences at the moment.

Spiffy

Spiffy

Teh Vempyr Slayer

• Premium Members
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Emulation, RPG Games, Bishoujo, Music/Mp3, Animes, Arcade Malls, Watching DVD Movies.. more..
IT student here.. works part time in a net cafe..

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts

Thraxen, I'm a microbiology major right now but am going to switch to the Pre-Med focus. Do you do research in lab, teach, or do field work?

Sorry about the delayed answer, forgot to check back with this thread. I work at the corporate lab for a large food producer. My position is officially supposed to be mostly field work. Most of our production facilites have small on-site labs for basic aerobic plate count, E. coli, Staphylococcus, and yeast/mold testing. They cut and ship samples to the corporate lab for pathogen and pesticide residue testing. I travel to these labs and audit the protocols (i.e. make sure they doing everything correctly). I am also responsible for traveling to any facility that begins to have problems with elevated microbial counts or positive pathogen results to help them stop the problem... this usally involves trying to locate any harborage where the bacteria are likely living.

BUT I have done much less of this in the last year due to a large volume of research projects happening at the corporate lab. Right now I am mostly helping conduct the projects. Most of the projects relate to new anti-microbial treatments that can be used in production facilites.

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts

Thraxen, I'm a microbiology major right now but am going to switch to the Pre-Med focus. Do you do research in lab, teach, or do field work?

Sorry about the delayed answer, forgot to check back with this thread. I work at the corporate lab for a large food producer. My position is officially supposed to be mostly field work. Most of our production facilites have small on-site labs for basic aerobic plate count, E. coli, Staphylococcus, and yeast/mold testing. They cut and ship samples to the corporate lab for pathogen and pesticide residue testing. I travel to these labs and audit the protocols (i.e. make sure they doing everything correctly). I am also responsible for traveling to any facility that begins to have problems with elevated microbial counts or positive pathogen results to help them stop the problem... this usally involves trying to locate any harborage where the bacteria are likely living.

BUT I have done much less of this in the last year due to a large volume of research projects happening at the corporate lab. Right now I am mostly helping conduct the projects. Most of the projects relate to new anti-microbial treatments that can be used in production facilites.

Ah cool. I hate doing Aerobic Plate Count. I always have to dilute like 12 times! It's horrible. I wish we could just use the Coulter counter method. Let the machine do all the counting. ;)

veristic

veristic

Mort Sci Guy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    PC Games
    Comics
    Manga
    Computer Enthusiast
    Mobile Devices
    Altruism
Art student.

-VIOLENCE-

-VIOLENCE-

Fashion Photographer*~ I Make Anorexia CHIC!

• Premium Members
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:The Arts [Commercial Illustration , Digital Image , Gothic High Renaissance] , Photography , Video Game , Computer , Chocolates , Reading , Spanking , S&M , Jean Paul Gaultier Jewellery , Shopping, MAXin Credit Cards, ETC.
Umm Full TIME College Student working on B.F.A. Bach of fine art

... no job

... playing guitar / working on my voice / writing songs / leading my band Apracafé

fine lover to my fiancée Kimberly

ummm, and i forget what else but yeah whatever ;)

Edited by -VIOLENCE-, 01 March 2004 - 05:26 AM.

Chaotica

Chaotica

Into The Wonderful - Amiga is forever

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,068 posts
Fiction story for now, G. A fantasy story.

iq_132

iq_132

I do stuff people seem to like.

• User Admin
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:Developing for open-source emulation projects.
CS Student, Factory worker in the summer (gotta pay for college somehow...)

My roomie probably has the most interesting occupation I can think of:
Drug Dealer ;)

Sturmvogel

Sturmvogel

Amateur Suicide Pilot

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,479 posts
  • Interests:Living...
I'm a college student, undecided major....work at the library.

N3oGhost

N3oGhost

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 590 posts
I have a B.B.A in Marketing. Havent put it to much use though. I work in a Bakery (Breads, Cookies, Pies, Pastries, Mexican Pastries, etc).

Its like 2 different worlds........what i do for a living and what i do for fun. Kinda makes feel like batman or somethin. lol

Juniel

Juniel

1emulation tomboy

• Premium Members
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:만화책(comic book)보기랑 아르바이트 하기...
Slowly...these questions are becoming private...

....or is it just me? there was the 'how old are you?' question, 'where do ya live?'

question...and now 'what do you do for a living?' question...

oh yeah, 'where are you from?' also counts...

soon people will be asking 'what colour underwear are you wearing?' and people

will not hesitate to say 'none!'

....or is it just me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users