How to be a Class A Narutard! A complete guide!

Gryph

ive never seen narato or what ever its called.... but i do like ramen noodles... mmmm ramen. from what ives seen... narato sounds like another dbz fab. I hate dbz so bad... but i do like anime. i think people who consider them selfs anime fans and love dbz... to be satan  :)

That was my impression too before I'd seen it, but a friend convinced me to watch some anyway. I've only seen the first five episodes so far, but it hasn't struck me as DBZ-like in any way. I consider myself an anime fan, but I'm extremely picky and I hate DBZ. :(

Aside from having a blatantly kid-friendly message in the first arc (teamwork, yay..), and a ranma-style obsessive crush, nothing about Naruto has really grated on my nerves so far. It's about kids, but they don't reign supreme over everything like adults don't exist, as in most shows aimed at younger audiences (at least in the states). They're actually written well as convincing kids, with kid-like motivations and immaturities, and the adults are (mostly) given a position of authority and respect that lends an air of maturity to the show. It's neat because you don't often get this combination of perspectives. Combine all that with the increased level of violence that's acceptable in Japan, and it gets kind of hard to tell who this is aimed at. For the most part, I'd say it's worth a look.