Death Penalty

Should you be killed when you kill?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Killing those who have killed should not be given the easy way out with the death penalty. They should have to live with what they have done.

Regret even in death is more hurtful.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this is slightly off topic, someone mentioned Pinochet a few post's back. Here in Canada the Calgary Sun ran an article claiming that Pinochet was a great man, and that people who said he was a dictator were "historical revisionists" or something similar.

You can read it here:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/C.../11/454375.html

Nice to see we have fascists working among us.

As for the death penalty, I once heard a statistic that it costs MORE money to execute someone than to give them a life sentence. It had something to do with the number of appeals someone on death row typically utilizes--and all the money spent in court.

Incarceration without rehabilitation is pointless. While people are being rehabilitated (those that can be), they should work breaking rocks or some other labour intensive task.

Just my 2 cents.

I voted no, if not because murdering a murderer makes you a hypocrite, if not because life in prison should be bad enough (I mean come on, imagine it, it'd be awful), then because a statistically significant amount of innocent people get sent to death row every year (trials aren't infallible) and they DEFINITELY don't deserve to die.

I voted no, if not because murdering a murderer makes you a hypocrite, if not because life in prison should be bad enough (I mean come on, imagine it, it'd be awful), then because a statistically significant amount of innocent people get sent to death row every year (trials aren't infallible) and they DEFINITELY don't deserve to die.
:P

Btw, what democratic countries other than the U.S. still apply death penalty?

Btw, what democratic countries other than the U.S. still apply death penalty?

I can't think of any. Interesting, that. I know a few Asian countries still have the death penalty (for ex. Thailand) but I don't think their governments are called democracies though.

Edit; yeah I just checked - Thailand's a 'constitutional monarchy'.

Edited by random guy

If you kill a person for a crime, however barbaric that crime may be, and however much you feel the bastard deserves it, you are just lowering yourself down to the same standards as that person.

And I have always believed it is not the right of mere humans to judge between life and death. That is a judgement that belongs not to us - it belongs to something higher.

What did Gandalf say (roughly)? He said: "There are some people who are living, whom should be dead. There are some people who are dead who should be alive. What gives you the right to choose, Frodo Baggins?"

Sadly, we are those people. We may be the dominate life form on earth. But we certainly aren't the smartest.

I don't know about you but I sure as hell ain't stupid.

I think I'm starting to know why they hate you...

I'm not "stupid" or "dumb" just not on par with your sense of understanding.

Sadly, we are those people. We may be the dominate life form on earth. But we certainly aren't the smartest.

But considering your views on Iraq, you're sure as hell ignorant!

Whoa! Flame, and i wasn't even in it. Is that even possible?! Any ways, I suggest life in prison with no chance of parol, the main part yall left out. You can have like 5 life sentences and probably still be eligible for parol, and another thing, it's I guess illegal to kill a crazy person (Retarded) so if the guy acts crazy in jail then he can go to an institution and get out in less than a year.

Whoa! Flame, and i wasn't even in it. Is that even possible?! Any ways, I suggest life in prison with no chance of parol, the main part yall left out. You can have like 5 life sentences and probably still be eligible for parol, and another thing, it's I guess illegal to kill a crazy person (Retarded) so if the guy acts crazy in jail then he can go to an institution and get out in less than a year.

In Texas they still kill retarted people I think. Just earlier this week or last week they executed a mentally challenged inmate.

And Skythe, you make me laugh.

Edited by GryphonKlaw