Death Penalty

Should you be killed when you kill?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't kill them, that's the easy way out. Make them suffer by keeping them alive as long as possible but deprived of everything so they really feel sorry.

Hahahahah....You're really reaching today, G. I like it. :blink:

It would work, and rapists should have their nuts chopped off without any anesthesia.

I also like K'Dash's idea; they should film it and make it the latest Fox reality show. Death Row Inmates vs. Rabid Tasmanian Devil High on Angel Dust

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does declaring a war without real reasons and therefore killing thousands of innocent count as cold-blooded crime?

Nope. As someone once said (forgot who did and this quote is wrong but I got the main point of it), "Kill 2 people, you get the death penalty. Kill 20 people, you get sent to an insane asylum. Kill 20,000 people, you get political asylum."

Hell, even Sadaam is going to get the death penalty... neither did Pol Pot, Slobodan Milosevic, Augusto Pinochet, etc.

..although the convicted did a horrible thing, i dont think the judge should have the power to tell what the convicted should be able to do or not to do... so by executing the convicted, is that some sort of justice that people are trying to find?.. get what im saying?.. we shouldn't kill another person just because that person killed someone... its.. immoral.. and none of the people that lives on this earth should have that power..

thats what i think... :unsure:

..although the convicted did a horrible thing, i dont think the judge should have the power to tell what the convicted should be able to do or not to do... so by executing the convicted, is that some sort of justice that people are trying to find?.. get what im saying?..  we shouldn't kill another person just because that person killed someone...  its.. immoral.. and none of the people that lives on this earth should have that power..

thats what i think... :)

In theory that would be nice, but the human race has always been interested in lethal revenge. Even in the bible it was like that, people were killed for their sins.

But if there is going to be the death penalty, I think the criminal should be killed in a manner worse than their victim. If a criminal shot someone in the head, shoot the criminal in the hands, the feet, and then in the eyes. :unsure: Just kidding ofcourse, but I think murderers, child molestors, and terrorists should be in maximum amount of pain for maximum amount of time.

grphonklaw i get what your saying but i think the parents of the victim.or something like that should decide upon what should be done with the convicted...

If things would go that far, there would be nothing but death penalties....or death by torture.

Interesting to see that majority voted for a nay (as of 20/05 GMT 2000).

Idealistically, I would say nay too, but realistically, it costs money to run a prison, and as prison population increases, operation costs would go up as well. That money has to come from somewhere, and that usually means from the taxpayer. I don't like the idea of my tax money being used to keep some degenerate scum alive...so I would have to say a yay, although the sort of crimes that would warrant a death penalty, and the amount of power given to judges to award death penalities is debatable.

Idealistically, I would say nay too, but realistically, it costs money to run a prison, and as prison population increases, operation costs would go up as well. That money has to come from somewhere, and that usually means from the taxpayer. I don't like the idea of my tax money being used to keep some degenerate scum alive...so I would have to say a yay, although the sort of crimes that would warrant a death penalty, and the amount of power given to judges to award death penalities is debatable.

You're saying that as if the majority of people in prison are on death row. There aren't THAT many death row inmates to make that big of a difference.

You're saying that as if the majority of people in prison are on death row. There aren't THAT many death row inmates to make that big of a difference.

If you just look at yearly figures, it's not a big deal. But if death row didnt exist, and these ppl are given life sentences, then the figures become cumulative. And it does add up to make a difference in the long run.