ps2 $150

network adapter $40

HDD $99

= $290

xbox $150

network adapter $0

HDD $0

= $150

that's an extra $140 bucks just to catch up to the xbox's included features. at this stage in the game the xbox is the only real choice, unless you are a final fantasy fanboy. then get a ps2 so you can go watch charley's angels and play ffx2 all day. heheh

case closed.

You are forgetting Xbox Live and its many games and headset.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xbc and a $10 headset from gamestop bumps it up to $160

hdd for ps2 is only 99 bucks cuz of ffxi but it should drop to 40-50 bucks in a few months (basically when more games find a decent use for the hdd).

also just note that these items are optional as ps2 did damn well enough without a hdd.

other thing to note: ps2 online is free except for online rpgs where xbox live you pay for the kit and whatever monthly/yearly price plan you choose and a cc is needed.

Why these console vs. console vs. console vs. PC wars even exist? Why can't people just shut up about a system's shortcomings and be happy with what they've got?

Why these console vs. console vs. console vs. PC wars even exist? Why can't people just shut up about a system's shortcomings and be happy with what they've got?

Preach on Agozer preach on!

But PC rules all. :D

Well duh, that's what popularity is, n u could say that about any of the systems.  What antiwinner was saying is a bit different though because he's saying playstation buyers r just sheep who don't know any better.  What ps2 buyers do know is the popularity is there for a reason, because ps2 has all the games n regardless of quality they stick by it.

I think the term for that sentence is, "Fanboy."

Don't even start sword lover.

Well duh, that's what popularity is, n u could say that about any of the systems.  What antiwinner was saying is a bit different though because he's saying playstation buyers r just sheep who don't know any better.  What ps2 buyers do know is the popularity is there for a reason, because ps2 has all the games n regardless of quality they stick by it.

I wasn't calling you one. I just pointing it out. But yes, what you said in that sentence is specifically with this line;

What ps2 buyers do know is the popularity is there for a reason, because ps2 has all the games n regardless of quality they stick by it.
That single line is what makes a PS2 fanboy right there, regardless of any fact given to them.

I wasn't calling you one. I just pointing it out. But yes, what you said in that sentence is specifically with this line;

What ps2 buyers do know is the popularity is there for a reason, because ps2 has all the games n regardless of quality they stick by it.
That single line is what makes a PS2 fanboy right there, regardless of any fact given to them.

The same goes for Xbox fans just because it has more power than all the other systems, or Nintendo fans because Nintendo has all the rights to the classic Nintendo games.

Anyway, I like the PS2 and GC. I don't like Xbox however because I only believe it still remains because of Bill Gates money n Microsoft's influences.

• 1 month later...

Buy Xbox because PS2 is dead and has pathetic graphics (I have heard people comment they cant tell a difference between PS1 and PS2.. and damn.. yeah some people will laugh at that.. but I kinda agree - Its only moderatly improved compared to what it *could* and I believe *should* have been)

Gran Turismo is a pretty poor racing game, xbox isnt missin' a thing there

Xbox versions of any ps2 game are superior, and there are numerous

There are of course some good exclusive titles on both platforms.. I'd take the chance, you'll never give it a second thought once you experience the pleasure of xbox

Put in your favourite audio cd and dump the tracks into the xbox, you can then use these tracks in games! I love playing (the graphically far superior) xbox GTA Vice City to NWAs "F#** the Police" or "Natural Born Killa" and Eminems "Criminal" or "Suck my D*#*"

Did I mention hackers dream? Get a modchip and dump your favourite games from the dvd straight onto the xbox hdd for insanely good load times (120gb hdd recommended for ultimate fun). Play the best of the best old titles SNES, Sega Genesis, Neogeo - Capcom and any of your favourite arcade titles, with emulators (if thats your idea of fun). Watch and/or record dvd's with macrovision removed and of course no need to buy that pesky dvd kit with the region free dvd player.

Even without the modchip, I honestly believe an xbox is a better investment - consider this, for a new title you will pay the same retail price per game, why not enjoy the enhanced graphics? and the ability to enjoy the music of your choice ingame? Don't listen to people who say there are no good games out for xbox yet, this may have been true when it was released (or was it? Halo, DOA3, Rallisport Challenge are debut games), there is alot now - How many games do pple buy anyway? Don't waste it on substandard ps2 games. No need to buy that stupid memory card either, you can save your game progress to hdd. The fact that you cannot play dvd's on the unmodded xbox without the extra dvd kit is pretty much irrelevant, everyone I know who has Ps2 has a dvd player as well!! (probably because the ps2 cant play every dvd movie you stick in it)

I play the PS1 and Xbox more than I play PS2 and as they say - actions speak louder than words.. heck.. the other people I live with also play my xbox and drool over it..

My compliments to the chef

Buy Xbox because PS2 is dead and has pathetic graphics (I have heard people comment they cant tell a difference between PS1 and PS2.. and damn.. yeah some people will laugh at that.. but I kinda agree - Its only moderatly improved compared to what it *could* and I believe *should* have been)

Gran Turismo is a pretty poor racing game, xbox isnt missin' a thing there

Xbox versions of any ps2 game are superior, and there are numerous

There are of course some good exclusive titles on both platforms.. I'd take the chance, you'll never give it a second thought once you experience the pleasure of xbox

Put in your favourite audio cd and dump the tracks into the xbox, you can then use these tracks in games! I love playing (the graphically far superior) xbox GTA Vice City to NWAs "F#** the Police" or "Natural Born Killa" and Eminems "Criminal" or "Suck my D*#*"

Did I mention hackers dream? Get a modchip and dump your favourite games from the dvd straight onto the xbox hdd for insanely good load times (120gb hdd recommended for ultimate fun). Play the best of the best old titles SNES, Sega Genesis, Neogeo - Capcom and any of your favourite arcade titles, with emulators (if thats your idea of fun). Watch and/or record dvd's with macrovision removed and of course no need to buy that pesky dvd kit with the region free dvd player.

Even without the modchip, I honestly believe an xbox is a better investment - consider this, for a new title you will pay the same retail price per game, why not enjoy the enhanced graphics? and the ability to enjoy the music of your choice ingame? Don't listen to people who say there are no good games out for xbox yet, this may have been true when it was released (or was it? Halo, DOA3, Rallisport Challenge are debut games), there is alot now - How many games do pple buy anyway? Don't waste it on substandard ps2 games. No need to buy that stupid memory card either, you can save your game progress to hdd. The fact that you cannot play dvd's on the unmodded xbox without the extra dvd kit is pretty much irrelevant, everyone I know who has Ps2 has a dvd player as well!!  (probably because the ps2 cant play every dvd movie you stick in it)

I play the PS1 and Xbox more than I play PS2 and as they say - actions speak louder than words.. heck.. the other people I live with also play my xbox and drool over it..

My compliments to the chef

can't tell ps1 from ps2? lol you're nuts. each system has their own power that does what it does and ps2 has been a great system to this day and still has games that xbox or gc won't have (metal gear solid 3, gran turismo 4, jak3, rachet & clank 3, sly cooper 2, and grand theft auto: san andreas).

for you to say that gran tursimo is a poor racing game means you can't play the game and no xbox racing game has come close to what gt's series has done and if you haven't seen gt4, man.

i would agree that some xbox versions of games look better but looks aren't everything, for some games ppl will perfer the other system for their controller (take ssx for example where the game was made for ps2 was then passed on to other consoles but feels best on ps2). other case is where something based on different hardware that xbox couldn't do better (metal gear solid 2 for xbox couldn't do the same effects as ps2; soul caliber 2 has slowdown where the ps2 version doesn't (mind you, the game was made on ps2 arcade hardware).

xbox for me has been more used as a media player and for emulators as most xbox games don't really get me going unless someone wants to play on lan or multiplayer party at home either with real friends or on a lan/xbl but xbl will cost you and you need a credit card (something most ppl wanna avoid using unless they really want flyer miles :D )

so , basically i'll put it this way:

xbox: great for modding to allow you to add emus/apps and makes and awesome media player. while it does have games, most are on ps2 as well except those that get ported from the pc which are fun for multiplayer

ps2: definitely has plenty of games while the mod for it is only to allow backups/imports there is a media player and some emus but they aren't the best. also online gaming for ps2 is free once you buy the adapter (you only pay for online rpg's) unlike xbl

just notice your dvd player comment and i can tell you that both consoles aren't great as dvd players as is and even xbox can't play all dvd's out (ign made a nice list).

Edited by Prican25