Playstation 2 Vs Xbox

Buy Xbox because PS2 is dead and has pathetic graphics (I have heard people comment they cant tell a difference between PS1 and PS2.. and damn.. yeah some people will laugh at that.. but I kinda agree - Its only moderatly improved compared to what it *could* and I believe *should* have been)

Gran Turismo is a pretty poor racing game, xbox isnt missin' a thing there

Xbox versions of any ps2 game are superior, and there are numerous

There are of course some good exclusive titles on both platforms.. I'd take the chance, you'll never give it a second thought once you experience the pleasure of xbox

Put in your favourite audio cd and dump the tracks into the xbox, you can then use these tracks in games! I love playing (the graphically far superior) xbox GTA Vice City to NWAs "F#** the Police" or "Natural Born Killa" and Eminems "Criminal" or "Suck my D*#*"

Did I mention hackers dream? Get a modchip and dump your favourite games from the dvd straight onto the xbox hdd for insanely good load times (120gb hdd recommended for ultimate fun). Play the best of the best old titles SNES, Sega Genesis, Neogeo - Capcom and any of your favourite arcade titles, with emulators (if thats your idea of fun). Watch and/or record dvd's with macrovision removed and of course no need to buy that pesky dvd kit with the region free dvd player.

Even without the modchip, I honestly believe an xbox is a better investment - consider this, for a new title you will pay the same retail price per game, why not enjoy the enhanced graphics? and the ability to enjoy the music of your choice ingame? Don't listen to people who say there are no good games out for xbox yet, this may have been true when it was released (or was it? Halo, DOA3, Rallisport Challenge are debut games), there is alot now - How many games do pple buy anyway? Don't waste it on substandard ps2 games. No need to buy that stupid memory card either, you can save your game progress to hdd. The fact that you cannot play dvd's on the unmodded xbox without the extra dvd kit is pretty much irrelevant, everyone I know who has Ps2 has a dvd player as well!!  (probably because the ps2 cant play every dvd movie you stick in it)

I play the PS1 and Xbox more than I play PS2 and as they say - actions speak louder than words.. heck.. the other people I live with also play my xbox and drool over it..

My compliments to the chef

can't tell ps1 from ps2? lol you're nuts. each system has their own power that does what it does and ps2 has been a great system to this day and still has games that xbox or gc won't have (metal gear solid 3, gran turismo 4, jak3, rachet & clank 3, sly cooper 2, and grand theft auto: san andreas).

for you to say that gran tursimo is a poor racing game means you can't play the game and no xbox racing game has come close to what gt's series has done and if you haven't seen gt4, man.

i would agree that some xbox versions of games look better but looks aren't everything, for some games ppl will perfer the other system for their controller (take ssx for example where the game was made for ps2 was then passed on to other consoles but feels best on ps2). other case is where something based on different hardware that xbox couldn't do better (metal gear solid 2 for xbox couldn't do the same effects as ps2; soul caliber 2 has slowdown where the ps2 version doesn't (mind you, the game was made on ps2 arcade hardware).

xbox for me has been more used as a media player and for emulators as most xbox games don't really get me going unless someone wants to play on lan or multiplayer party at home either with real friends or on a lan/xbl but xbl will cost you and you need a credit card (something most ppl wanna avoid using unless they really want flyer miles :D )

so , basically i'll put it this way:

xbox: great for modding to allow you to add emus/apps and makes and awesome media player. while it does have games, most are on ps2 as well except those that get ported from the pc which are fun for multiplayer

ps2: definitely has plenty of games while the mod for it is only to allow backups/imports there is a media player and some emus but they aren't the best. also online gaming for ps2 is free once you buy the adapter (you only pay for online rpg's) unlike xbl

just notice your dvd player comment and i can tell you that both consoles aren't great as dvd players as is and even xbox can't play all dvd's out (ign made a nice list).

The ps2 DID have slowdowns. That was a flocking horrible game! I remember using mitsrugi and fighting talim and we would go in a combo frenzy with each other and the damn game would slowdown, that was complete utter B

S!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now I'm more confused. How about this? The reason I want PS2 is that now it is cheaper. The games have gotten cheap and the fact you can also play PS1 games was a big draw to me. The problem I have with the XBOx is firs it is Microsoft (I have my issues with microsoft though I use their software) and also the games are exclusively for that console. I really don't care about mods, or online playing, hell I just want to play games that are of this century.

Yet I shouldn't take the XBox out of the picture. Hrmmm. I still can't decide.

Faulty PS2. I also never had a slow down with Soul Calibur 2. The only reason I did have one was because I needed to recaliburate the laser again.

PhoenixRising, here's my two cents

I bought my PS2 because...

1) I could play my old PS1 games with it

2) SONY's controller is awesome

2) Metal Gear Solid 2

3) Final Fantasy X

4) Huge selection of games.

Since you obviously want a console solely for gaming purposes, check the exclusive games for both systems. Sure, there are a lot of multiplatform games and X-BOX wins in the graphical department.

If you're heavily into RPGs, get the PS2.

If you really like graphics above everything else, get the BOX. Also, if you want better-looking multiplatform games, get the BOX.

If you want Halo, get the BOX.

If you are heavily into fighting games, get the PS2.

If you like light-gun games, the the PS2 and the GunCon 2.

If you're into revamped old-school shooters, get the PS2

If you like cute girls in bikinis, get the BOX and DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball :D

Edited by Agozer

So please answer me this which one has the better variety and quality of games?

i believe its ps2 that has the large number of different games of all genres. tho xbox is better quality...its pretty much the matter of Large Numbers of games VS graphics. obviously graphics from the xbox play a huge role in the games, but not everyone goes for only graphics (ps2 owners.)

Graphics are important but they aren't up there with game control, imgaination, and style. I think I will get a ps2, though xbox is cool, I think ps2 is more reliable in overall satisfaction. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :D

The ps2 DID have slowdowns. That was a flocking horrible game! I remember using mitsrugi and  fighting talim and we would go in a combo frenzy with each other and the damn game would slowdown, that was complete utter B

S!

the ps2 version is arcade perfect since the arcade is based off ps2 hardware :P dunno what you were seeing but i do know xbox version defintiely does have slowdown, just play on the inferno stage :D

Edited by Prican25

An xbox is only good if you get it modded which beats even a modded ps2 by 10 folds becuase 1)It already has a hdd meaning once you get it modded you're on your way to emualtion and backups you dont have to spend another #100 for the hdd and ff-11 unless you buy and install a different bigger or same size one 2) The xbox is able to connect through ftp making it really simple to download and put backups on your xbox through you pc or back up games with the xbox and put them on the pc, making it cds practically useless = no wasted cd in burning or time. 3) The xbox will then function as a media player for bootleg movies or music. 4) The xbox is easier to transport and connect than an actual desktop pc. 5) xbox has more memory for roms meaning thumbs up for most people who play neo geo and mame games.

The xbox version of the "multiconsole" games look better as in usually clearer and not really fuzzy, and fps on the xbox arent bad compared to the pc versions as far as in control becuase most fps have an auto-targeting thing that sort of follows your opponent which presion doesnt matter cuz all ever anybody ever usese is a machine or submachine gun, and usually there are seperate buttons for things like gernades which arent on a mouse unless you got like a 12 button mouse :angry: plus it's hard for me to move backwards cuz I usually have my direction buttons like this (a=SF s=F d=SR x=:(

Sure ps2 has more exclusive title which is fine but if you're goona get a console get an xbox ONLY if you get it modded other wise go off with a ps2. THREAD CLOSED!