McDonald's to eliminate Super Sizes

Alpha

CHICAGO (Reuters) - McDonald's plans to remove oft-criticised Super Size french fries and soft drinks by the end of the year, part of broader plans to simplify its menu and offer choices that appeal to consumers' heightened concerns about health.

McDonald's, the world's largest fast-food company, said on Wednesday it is making the changes to "support a balanced lifestyle" strategy. They come as the company and many of its rivals move to offer foods that diverge from traditional fatty fast-food fare, including more entree-sized salads, chicken sandwiches, fruit and milk for children.

The Super Size option, a seven-ounce fries carton and 42-ounce drink, has been targeted by critics as part of the cause of a growing obesity crisis in the United States.

McDonald's said in a prepared statement that drinks will still be available as a promotional option.

The Super Size fries contain 610 calories, 29 grams of fat, 390 milligrams of sodium and 77 grams of carbohydrates, according to analysts.

Credits: http://Yahoo.com

======================

So how many of you guys go for super size? It's about time people realized how much more junk your sticking inside your stomach. :P By the way, a super super size fries is a big super size cup of french fries for $5 or $3 I think. :-D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who actually cares? The large size fries is almost the same thing as the super size fries with the exception of 30 french fries missing. Your point?

The only reasonable thing with the Super sized is those monopoly pieces :-D

oh well

i just get ceasar salad anyways when i go to mc donalds :-D

Whats the point in paying 3 times as much for a bigger cup of soda compared to the price of a small?

There is none, why?

FREE REFILLS!!!! Why would you pay more? Just too lazy to go get your free refill and want more time in between shifting your fat ass off of the greasy mcdonalds seat?

McDonalds is crappy, it makes you fat, and it tastes like all the food is 90% grease, not to mention the burgers taste like sponges and the Chicken nuggets have strange lumps in them, i swear to god i once found a testicle.

o no, what horrible news! People might actually start to... *gasp* become skinny!!!

I don't like Mcdonald's that much, nor have I tryed the super size I think. I have it about 5 times a year at most I think. Maybe less :-D

people are stupid too

DURR IF I STARVE MYSELF ILL LOSE WEIGHT!!

no, actually you just eat healthly, AND exercise

Starving yourself wont help

ONLY eating healthing wont help, Subway seems to disagree with me and so does idiot Jared

ONLY exercising MIGHT help, but its better to eat healthy AND exercise

Im going to see the same fatass in my mcdonalds though, instead of a large fries, he will have 2 medium ones now