Final Burn Legends 1.7

+ T +

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ +T+

Was messing with my LightGun last night but had issues with screen tracking.

Everything appears to be ok except when the onscreen cross hair tracks the movements it has sluggish behaviour.

For instance, once i move the gun from the initial center the cross hair rests on the edge of the screen, whether it be left, right, top or bottom depending on where i moved it.

I then move the gun in the opposite direction and the cross hair takes a second to actually move but then tracks 2 - 3ins behind where im aiming, slowly, then rests at the edge of the screen where i was aiming.

I did notice also that the cross hair never returns to center at any time during no movement / at rest.

I have increased the cursor speed, which as we would expect makes the onscreen cross hair move faster across the screen but still not in synch with the actual gun movements, the lag still exists.

Gonna try messing with the deadzone values this afternoon but wanted some advice really regarding the deadzone values to try.

Had a quick play with the deadzone values, more positive values had no effect, maybe worse in fact.

Negative values (in incrememnts of 0.20) had much better responses, i went all the way down to -2.0 (in increments).

Seems i was getting somewhere, however, at rest the crosshair still insisted on the edge of the screen,

so i plugged in my pad and had the same issue except this time, at rest, the cross hair returns to the bottom left corner

which im presuming, perhaps wrongly, is X=0,Y=0.

Something to consider is maybe have the cross hair, at rest, default to the center of the screen instead ?

Center values based on screen res, obviously.

Another thing i did notice whilst using the gun, if i aim dead center, the cross hair hovers below and to the left by a good few inches on a large tv.

So i summised that the emulation is offsetiing my center aiming to the 0,0 location (bottom left), so if i aimed high and right the cross hair would be close to the center, however it wouldnt hold steady it insisted on reaching the edge of the screen and staying there, it would stay there till i made another move in the opposite direction to which it would track but still make its way to the edge of screen.

Perhaps have a look at centering and we can go from there ?

If I understand this correctly, I grab that tecmosys.c and put it in the required BIOS zip (which one is that, by the way?), and Angel Eyes will now work?

That's a driver file and needs to be compiled with the sourcecode. It won't be of any use to you unless you're compiling your own build.

Had a quick play with the deadzone values, more positive values had no effect, maybe worse in fact.

Negative values (in incrememnts of 0.20) had much better responses, i went all the way down to -2.0 (in increments).

Seems i was getting somewhere, however, at rest the crosshair still insisted on the edge of the screen,

so i plugged in my pad and had the same issue except this time, at rest, the cross hair returns to the bottom left corner

which im presuming, perhaps wrongly, is X=0,Y=0.

Something to consider is maybe have the cross hair, at rest, default to the center of the screen instead ?

Center values based on screen res, obviously.

Another thing i did notice whilst using the gun, if i aim dead center, the cross hair hovers below and to the left by a good few inches on a large tv.

So i summised that the emulation is offsetiing my center aiming to the 0,0 location (bottom left), so if i aimed high and right the cross hair would be close to the center, however it wouldnt hold steady it insisted on reaching the edge of the screen and staying there, it would stay there till i made another move in the opposite direction to which it would track but still make its way to the edge of screen.

Perhaps have a look at centering and we can go from there ?

Keep in mind that FBL does not have any support for lightguns at all. All that's happening when you plug in your lightgun is it's replacing the analog stick which, in turn, is simulating mouse input which, in turn, is emulating an arcade lightgun. So really it's a wonder that it works at all.

Regarding the sluggishness; in addition to altering the deadzone settings, you might also want to have a play with the Cursor Speed setting under Controller Options in the game menu. Increasing this speeds up the rate at which the analog stick moves the cursor so theoretically it should improve things. As for the centering, the analog input already defaults to the center of the screen so there's nothing to adjust there. It sounds like it would require some kind of gun calibration to work correctly, but since there's no provision whatsoever in the FBL code for that I'm afraid I wouldn't even know where to start.

Thanks for your input +T+.

I already increased the cursor speed at the same time i fiddled with deadzone values, yes i did help with lag a lot.

Nestopia/Zsnexbox gun code works rather nicely from what i can remember testing quite a while ago.

Food for thought !

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the forum is back online, I thought I'd post an update on FBL1.8. The emulator core has been updated in line with FB Alpha 0.2.97.14. The changelog is extensive but among the most interesting changes is that Toaplan shooters that previously did not have sound (such as Dogyuun) now have sound working. Also a few new Toaplan games have been added including FixEight. So far everything is working nicely, there are just one or two fixes I need to address before release.

Greato !!!!!! ^_^ so Batsugun with sound too ? :-D

T..did you think you can be able to add an option for Tate screen (rotation 90° clockwise or anti)..im soon an Egret 2 owner, so we "really" need such an option ^^.....or maybe is it "skin related" ?

Great work , cant wait for the next update

Edited by Sparda

Greato !!!!!! ^_^ so Batsugun with sound too ? :-D

T..did you think you can be able to add an option for Tate screen (rotation 90° clockwise or anti)..im soon an Egret 2 owner, so we "really" need such an option ^^.....or maybe is it "skin related" ?

Great work , cant wait for the next update

Yes a tate screen option is a great idea

+1000

Batsugun with sound....Damn !!

Edited by pakichomchom