Final Burn Legends 1.7

+ T +

2. How does one get unbanned from emuxtras?

Go onto mirc on EFnet and join #Emuxtras. Then tell em what happened. The ban happened because you prob went onto the FTP repository.

Edited by tristanx

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey +T+, how far have you gotten on merging in the latest fba updates? I've made a ton of changes to the nec v30/v33/v35/v25/v20 games (m92 specifically) and am curious to how they'll run on xbox. If you could up your sources somewhere for me I'd love to take a crack at it (tonight :)).

I can probably take a minute to look at angel eyes and fix that too.

Hey +T+, how far have you gotten on merging in the latest fba updates? I've made a ton of changes to the nec v30/v33/v35/v25/v20 games (m92 specifically) and am curious to how they'll run on xbox. If you could up your sources somewhere for me I'd love to take a crack at it (tonight :)).

I can probably take a minute to look at angel eyes and fix that too.

I've finished merging in the updates from FB Alpha 0.2.97.13. The only reason I haven't released another build is because, in terms of FBL, the changes are minor and it sounds like you and Barry have some exciting stuff coming up in 0.2.97.14 so I figured I'd wait and have the next release incorporate both.

The update doesn't include the new NeoGeo driver because obviously it has no Xbox VMM routines and has changed too much from the previous code to incorporate the existing ones. So in order to maintain support for the larger games I've left the NeoGeo component of FBL the same as in previous builds and have only updated the ROM sets in line with FBA 0.2.97.13.

Anyway, I'll package up the current WIP source and PM you a link shortly. :)

Sweet. Thanks for the sources. And yes, lots of goodies in 14. Have you considered throwing the neocd stuff in a separate core? You could set fbl to either list isos or make a clone of neocd for each iso and launch them from there. ^^

You could set fbl to either list isos or make a clone of neocd for each iso and launch them from there. ^^

I did plan on taking a look at the NeoCD stuff for Final Burn Consoles (I'd like to keep Legends as purely arcade games) and it's something I'd be very keen to try and get going.

It seems pretty daunting with my limited coding knowledge and I think your latter suggestion would be the only way forward as I at least have some understanding of how that might be achieved. Any helpful input or advice you could provide would be most appreciated. Would FBA be able to load ISO+WAV files from in the same way as standard ROMs? Also I'd need to remove the elements of the NGCD code that currently rely on UI routines for selecting games; I'm not currently sure how tightly tied into the overall driver those routines are and whether the code will compile at all without them.

Basically I anticipate a lot of obstacles so I've been putting off having a bash at it. But I guess it's about time I did.

Okay, added some minor speed stuff to the m92 games (the most updated driver [with proper music tempo]).

With the optimizations to the drawing routines I only managed a few fps increase in the frame rate.

I'm currently working on adding idle skip routines to the games (this is somewhat time-consuming, but thankfully a lot of this is already implemented in older versions of mame). I've got a lot of idle loop skipping done on the main cpu, I think I can add it to the sound cpu with little-to-no consequence.

With idle skipping (just the main cpu), hook (the only game I've tested so far), gets around 40fps. This drops when there's a lot of sprites on screen though.

Additionally, tkdensho should only take me about 10 minutes to get hooked up to the vmm once I get around to it.

@iq_132: you've been adding alot mame titles to fba lately... is it your plan to eventually bring all mame titles (within reason) over to fba?

also, i know you've been asked a zillion +1 times about miday titles and how you don't really care for mk games... but what about nba jam? :)

is Ninja Spirit already been ported to fba?? i know it's a irem game and i know you've been getting those ported. (edit: nevermind i see it is. :) )

lastly, thank you for help in arcade emulation.

Edited by tristanx