CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

i read a big part of the post...

Trying to avoid the drama club myself, just love coinops :D

Yeah the adapter on the left worked in my pc too. I tried hdm2.2 and it build the hard drive and everything just never worked in xbox. But for whatever reason it did with x3

Did you all just skim over that wonderful post (by RatherAnnoyed), shame on you!

What an insightful and well thought out post, I was beginning to think this place had all but been reduced to "we all love BP and will say and do anything to please him".

I recently recieved the same sata adapter, and tried it with two different hard drives. Neither worked on the Xbox, although they did on the PC. Hmm.. I have the one on the left too, no wonder I've been having trouble with it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think thats what BP dont understand..,.we ALL love his work, and yes hes one fucking genious....but like most of them, he must be tempered (i dont know if im using the right word, sorry)

Theres lock, no problem with it...i dont want console games ? R9 is available but not "up to date" ? I think BP isnt the only developper around here, so maybe someone is able to release an "arcade only" CoinOPS2.....Compiling sources, updating cores...with few skills, i think that can be done "easily"

i read a big part of the post...

Trying to avoid the drama club myself, just love coinops :D

Yeah the adapter on the left worked in my pc too. I tried hdm2.2 and it build the hard drive and everything just never worked in xbox. But for whatever reason it did with x3

Did you all just skim over that wonderful post (by RatherAnnoyed), shame on you!

What an insightful and well thought out post, I was beginning to think this place had all but been reduced to "we all love BP and will say and do anything to please him".

I recently recieved the same sata adapter, and tried it with two different hard drives. Neither worked on the Xbox, although they did on the PC. Hmm.. I have the one on the left too, no wonder I've been having trouble with it.

With HDM 2.2 you need to format the drives a certain way using xpartition 1.1 and 2.0. They have to be formated with a 32bit cluster and sized no larger than 999GB using xpartition 1.1 first then you can use xpartition 2.0 and resize manually to get the desired partitions.

Avoid the drama? Of course. None of us want it. But maybe you haven't read the other thread where BP states:

....if I wanted to lock you guys out it would be easy as....remember I can write to bios....check saves...check crc...encrypt xbes.....remove files....change files....format drives......

Really makes you want to trust someone and put the fate of your XBox in their hands, doesn't it? And all you wanted was to enjoy the work of a dedicated and hardcore gamer. So avoid the drama? Usually I would say "Yes, by all means". Ignorance is bliss unless ignorance ends up screwing you in the ass.

Phil, I sincerely hope you aren't "Whatever"ing me... I don't see how we can ignore what is happening and what is being said. As far the hdd people taking over this thread, go make another one lol please and thank you :D but BP is on some kind of power trip and is forgetting about why he does what he does in the first place. I would love for this shtuff to be done with. I hate drama more than anyone (especially on a forum about a decade old console) but things need to be addressed. It really is simple BP and I've told you this from the beginning, on here and through PMs: Quit feeding the flames and focus on the goal! Think it, create it, and share it. But don't make us a toy and then tell us how to play with it (T'sWSS). You out of all people should agree with that.

you can do the formatting of the F drive after with xbox partitioner. The adapter on the left but require longer to powerup. X3 with flubber takes a while longer than usual with that adapter and iits possible thats why it worked. Least people know they work. I did no reseach buying my 1tb drive, just bought it and it worked no problem with the adapters

edit: sorry if its offttopic..

Edited by rdtorrents

Agreed. This needs to be read. Lots of valid points BP. Take it to heart and don't be offended. This guy clearly cares or he wouldn't have posted that.

Guilty as charged. How much do I care? I care THAT HUGE POST MUCH.

Hell, I also care enough to register on yet another bloody website - a task in itself more than enough to put me off getting stuff FOR FREE, let alone actually putting the work into crafting a christ-how-many-words? long post.

ironotard... Love it :D

Has a nice ring to it, huh? Seriously: Google has no clue about it yet.

THAT'S MY WORD; REMEMBER THAT, INTERNETS.

YOU'LL NEVER STOP OTHER PEOPLE BEING COCKS.

YOU CAN STOP YOURSELF BEING ONE.

I'll print this on a t-shirt and wear it for the rest of my life.

/pre-orders

... But don't make us a toy and then tell us how to play with it (T'sWSS). You out of all people should agree with that.

Indeed.

My main points - along with wanting to get across that, hey, not everyone has either the inclination or the ability to download a 20G pack - were:

1. When you're trying to get across how cock-like someone else is, it doesn't help matters if through doing so you end up coming across as even more of a cock.

2. It is somewhat shortsighted (to say the very least) to even hint at formatting drives if we do something that you - as the creator of a piece of software - dislike or disagree with.

Imagine Bill Gates doing that? Imagine he even THOUGHT about cracking a joke about somehow being able to tell if you're dual-booting (or whatever is his current dislike), and bricking the PC? Yeah.

Like I say, it's out there now. Well done. Trust has been eroded.

Oh yeah, and another thing: considering what's happened recently in the news - with Sony trying to force users to use a PS3 as they intended - whether you see what they're doing as right or wrong, it's somewhat UBERIRONIC that we now have an emulator creator forcing us to use their software as they "envisage" it to the extent that some users are being actively discouraged.

You know, after being given the ability to actually create his emulator in the first place by people fighting against exactly that sort of attitude, and cracking open the console so we can all play with its innards?

Hell, even Sony haven't mentioned that they might format hard drives of anyone with anything dodgy on their PS3 yet, right?

Okay, I've not been keeping up: they haven't, right?

This guy. Again. Game. Set. Match. Win. Victory. 1up'd. If you don't agree with him/us then I hate you.

PS. :D

Edit: Obviously I don't hate anyone. Twas a joke. It's sad that I felt the need to edit this disclaimer in...

Edited by Pajankle

I can't vouch for compatibility of the SATA bridge yet as mine hasn't arrived yet but I've read reports of it working. See the questions within the link, too.

If you have a modchip I don't think you need to lock the HDD so the compatibility list is not relevant. If you softmod, you want to lock the drive so get one on the list > here <.

To format your drive properly, get a recent installer:

Auto Installer Deluxe

HeXEn 0.99B11-22

HDD Upgrade on modchipped XBox using AID

Hard Drive Upgrade using a PC (XBox HDM)

Ok thanks a lot ... i will try that and come back after saying if it works or not :D

the adapters do work. But there are sometimes different kinds.

Photo0274.jpg

the one on the right worked with both my 1tb and 500gb incidentally all seagate

Ok thanks for the information, i have read this on xbox scene :)

But, where can i buy one i'm sure it works fine with most HD ???

Is this is the good one ? sata-to-ide-hard-disk-mini-vertical-bridge-adapter-card-12537

Or some one have a good link where he buy one ?

Thanks