CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

I didnt think my ratio was that bad lol I only just got into demonoid recently...

xboxer1

Uploaded: 18.66 GB

Downloaded: 29.88 GB

Ratio: 0.62

Edited by xboxer

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so i have the latest Coinops and the mega pack.Its great.I have been having a problem with some of the Metal Slug games NOT loading at all.

They just freeze at the please wait screen and NEVER load.Metal slug 1 and 2 and x work fine but the others like 3,4,5 and 6 just dont load.

I am running them at 4mb and 512kb virtual mem like i do all the other games and they play fine.

I have had this problem for the last few releases of Coinops with the Metal series and a SMALL few other games so i really never complained but now i REALLY want to play other Metal Slugs besides 1,2and x.

What am i doing wrong?

Edited by apexmusic

Hmmmm now it tells me i'm mssing the uni-bios but i already have that in my roms section.Do i have to unzip the Metal slug games input the bios individualy then zip them back?

I always thought you just put the uni-bios in the rom folder and voila thats it.If you had a problem then you switch on custom bios switch in settings.

I never had to do that before.

OK So i have done all of that and it either freezes at the please wait screen and does nothing or it tells me i'm missing the uni-bios 23 which i clearly have in the roms folder.

So now i am extracting the uni-bios and putting it in the rom zip and if it still says the uni-bios is missing i give up.

I am still enjoying this great emulator.

Thankyou.

Edited by apexmusic

PLEASE remember to SEED AFTER DOWNLOADING.I think there should be MORE seeds than what i see.25(36)

The more seeds the FASTER the download is for everyone..

Thankyou.

I've been a fan of coinops for years and really want to try the FULL version of showroom! I promise to seed the torrent for a long time, if given access. Please PM me!!

Great work BP and everyone involved in this release. The LITE version is amazing.

Finally found the FULL on IRC....what a great set. Whoever took the time to put this thing together.....many, many thanks.

you can enable the final burn core if you want for metal slugs its pretty easy to do...just add it in the romstatus.xml same as snowbro3 say....it will then boot faster but you lose features like pixel perfect...

neogeo rom is correct...and has unibios im not sure what your doing to lose that...its all looks fine on the site

apex no offense please rearch stuff before you comment...I hate having to look into stuff that isnt real....I built showRoom for people like apex no offense just use ShowROOM it will work on all that stuff straight out of the box...if you have the resolutionx version it wont work with that stuff im sorry its one of the 100s of bugs...im sorry he released this and yes he had neogeo virtual mem issues and also neogeo unibios issues...but hey I tried to stop it...if you have this then its incorrect sorry

Waal your a level one troll that I own....we know your a newbe and im not...we all know this even you...even if you pretend you dont know we know your so owned in everyway...

I know your bitter waal start your own thread about how crap this is...its easy as for me to own you guys as you know and your stuff makes no difference....its only going to get worse for you as I continue to add stuff...

you can enable the final burn core if you want for metal slugs its pretty easy to do...just add it in the romstatus.xml same as snowbro3 say....it will then boot faster but you lose features like pixel perfect...

neogeo rom is correct...and has unibios im not sure what your doing to lose that...its all looks fine on the site

apex no offense please rearch stuff before you comment...I hate having to look into stuff that isnt real....I built showRoom for people like apex no offense just use ShowROOM it will work on all that stuff straight out of the box

Waal your a level one troll that I own....we know your a newbe and im not...we all know this even you...even if you pretend you dont know we know your so owned in everyway...

I know your bitter waal start your own thread about how crap this is...its easy as for me to own you guys as you know and your stuff makes no difference....its only going to get worse for you as I continue to add stuff...

No offense but if you read my post correctly i NEVER said anything was wrong with Coinops.I sad what am I doing wrong.Also my problem is real or else i would not have posted it

Thankyou.

Edited by apexmusic

ill check but what version do you have? CoinOPS_ShowROOM_X_XBOX-iND ???

also did you enable the unibio in the advanced settings? did you read the readme in the -Files folder? for more advanced stuff like running anything in the Final Burn core? this will speed up the load but remove some features

8 full tests in SD and 8 full tests in HD from 8 people says all Metal slugs work

ok and just got someone else that downloaded it to test it and all 7 Mslugs work on that version

Mslug 1

X

all tested fine...ill get them to test the uni bios but I see no issues with it and just downloaded it and it booted to mine...

You may have the ResolutionX version and that will have that issue for sure

ill check but what version do you have? CoinOPS_ShowROOM_X_XBOX-iND ???

also did you enable the unibio in the advanced settings? did you read the readme in the -Files folder? for more advanced stuff like running anything in the Final Burn core? this will speed up the load but remove some features

8 full tests in SD and 8 full tests in HD from 8 people says all Metal slugs work

ok and just got someone else that downloaded it to test it and all 7 Mslugs work on that version

Mslug 1

X

all tested fine...ill get them to test the uni bios but I see no issues with it and just downloaded it and it booted to mine...

You may have the ResolutionX version and that will have that issue for sure

Nevermind i will solve the problem myself.

It's not even a big deal its like a few games not working out of thousands.Like i said i am still enjoying this great emulator.

Thankyou.

ummm turn the Virtual Memory to automatic (this is the default...wierd thing to change and not realise you are playing with fire, if you disabled the advanced settings this would automatically go to auto to avoid this stuff)....other wise it will lock up.... or choose 2 megs instead of 4 but them it will load alot....it will work with defaults.....why would you enable manual virtual mem? im sorry I didnt read it to start with but thats only really for testing.... as each rom is different you will never load alot of the larger games with that vmm setting

I guess this is a case of Advanced settings tinkering then reporting issues once done so...sorry for not reading but I wasnt expecting you would do this and no see what you done...It seems to be what you did as you know by your comment more than emu at fault...If you knew this why didnt you change it back and retry? seems wierd you knew what it was yet didnt turn it back

can someone please check the unibio loads when you enable it in the advanced settings and then load a neogeo game??? it seems fine my end I hope neogeo.zip from my end ended up in the final build