Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People didnt want it released at the time and now its grown by 1800 games :S so im moving on.....im sorry but I must move forward not look backwards as said 1000 times I never have and never will.....ive allready done all that work for myself soI have no interest in spending any time on it at present

also as stated you guys can do it no problems there at all :) just there will be more than what you think to achieve them all working to showcase level...but for sure start your own project ill give you help if I can but I dont have to much time as I change this daily...so its shooting a moving target

you can also build the dats from the sources...if you want just make an exe instead of xbe and use clmame to make dats

I'm not looking to start a new project. I'm sure most of the work has already been done. I'm only interested in the Arcade stuff too, not the console stuff, since we can't have everything named the same.

I just need somebody to point me in the right direction. Is there anybody helpful reading this that would care to chime in? Obviously I'd be better off talking to the wall than to continue with this line of questioning.

EDIT: I guess what I'm asking, is could somebody who has the entire collection that is "official" take the 5 minutes it will take to make a datfile for me in CLRMAMEpro? It's really annoying that I have to have this opposition anytime I ask for something as easy to do as put a datfile together.

Edited by ressurectionx

dude im interested in SNES and Megadrive at present....just build one with the sources

I know your not interested in what im interested in...you think its just dats you need well its not as alot wont work without other support files...

Anyways the dats I can produce wont work for you at present and are undergoing a total change so grab an old source build and exe and make a dat file from it

If we where working together and going forward id help but I dont really want to get involved with other peoples stuff as I have enough to do

HOW THINGS WORK WITH ME 101

1 if you help out I help you out....even alot of the time if its not for me or cant be bothered

2 if you make my life a pain...I rem out the features if they are added for you

3 if you ask for something and its easy and fits in ill add it...when and if I can be bothered

4 if you miss the time when somethings going in...I dont normally revisit something for a while...I concentrate on one bit a time

so due to you not working with me your free to do it yourself....I wont stand in your way and wish you luck....ive even helped with how to make your own total dats just do a bit of googling and it will be easy to do it yourself...now and with other builds

I created all those files and yes its all matched.....with a bit of learning its easy to do and no coding skills required

now my build is torn apart there are others with the build but you will need all the files as per every other release

you need stuff to skip past test screens etc on some games and host of other issues some games have...

ask around a few people have it that changed there name but are old schoolers......the offical release was shut down when asked and now I pulled it totally apart and building on it

Anyways if your not working towards the future you are on your on......and I wish you luck with it :)

Okay, well I guess that is the answer then.

I need whatever there was for your last official release, likely before you added the console stuff.

I'm just looking to put a pack together that will work with both the newest version of CoinOPS and FBL together, without any of the console roms which are already perfectly emulated on other emulators and have full Xtras support already.

What is the name of your last stable and official build? I can't keep track since it changes names all the time.

That's fine. I realize that things are going to be advanced after I'm done working on the Xtras. If I can get that pack together to work with current official releases of both CoinOPS and FBL than it will be a great start for people to add on as the emulators continue to be developed.

Like I said, I'm not interested in the console stuff here, just the arcade stuff. I'm sure your emu plays them beautifully, but because of the difference in naming conventions I have no desire to duplicate videos and artwork for your project on my box. That's an extra 20 or 30GB and likely more as you continue to add games. No point in that, when the XPORT emulators play that stuff just fine and Madmab is a genius and is easy to work with and get new features put in. If somehow they could use the same naming conventions, I'd be putting it together so your emu could use the same video files that we already have.

EDIT: That being said, do you or anyone else here have datfiles for "CoinOPS reignite R3 Standalone"?

EDIT2: I think with some recent developments and certain individuals I've been speaking with that the Xtras project will continue to go on after I'm done. Hopefully many years from now if we're all lucky. :)

Perhaps somebody who is a huge CoinOPS fan that plays all the new SNES/Genesis/etc. roms that are added will convert the videos/artwork and other Xtras to work with your emulators in the future. I would like that. I have a large enough hard drive that it would accomodate it if somebody put the time in. I just have to wrap up my own work in the near future and focus on other things in the real world, so I can't do it myself.

There will always be room and methods of distribution available for anybody who puts the work into this endeavor and desires to share it with the community.

Edited by ressurectionx