Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

my hand choosen showcase pics....anyone keen to match a set of videos and pics to it...they can release it as a patch ill help them do it smile.gif everything will match and work in coinops

This should be very easy for someone to do, I would do it but, I feel it would be redundant to my efforts I already have done :D ...haha but, it should be fine for those who want to release it. :naughty:

you or anyone's free to release a full set....I have no issues with it smile.gif I tried it didn't work out for me...but hey it gets bigger and better every day or two......
for sure. I hope someone does.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be in bad form of me to give out the videos for the Sega MegaDrive.

As you are aware they are for another project. After that project is released then so be it.

its ok...ill let a script build them :D

good luck guys

its up to you guys to release this stuff I wont be :naughty:..... its done and dusted and opomised with catagories etc of the roms ive all the rest will boot though and run fine just not supported cat...etc wise unless requested

I thought I told you the videos were an easy plug and play as well as the enhanced screenshots with coinops. I have already tested it out. All that needs to be done is get a batch renaming utility. Then add a prefix to each game , video, screenshot file of SNES_ or MDRIVE_ and delete the spaces in the name. Do this for each directory whether it be screenshots,videos, or roms with the correct prefix.

This is why I wanted to keep the names of the roms the same. You said the prefix had to be there so this is as easy as I could make it. Keeping this format I can pop out the output list for the drivers and stuff for any of the xtra project stuff using its dat files rather easy now that I got the process down. The reason I also did this was so all of the xtra stuff can be ported over and the bells and whistles everybody wants will already be done saving that much more work from having to be done..

I have dat files and roms to match for every xtra's project there are dats for. Here is a list of the dat files left.

nes

gameboy

virtualboy

sega master system

gamegear

sega sg-1000

atari 2600

atari 7800

atari lynx

turbo grafix 16

colecovision

I can have all the list for these dats done in a day if you want. There will most likely be a intellivision dat floating around before to long. The only stall will be that we will have to wait on all the systems to get the enhanced artwork for them released if they are not released already. Mega drive is a good example there are videos that will easy convert but the current released screenshots are in xport format. They all should get the enhanced artwork pack but not all of them have been released.

However even though the file names changed from the xtra pack the display names will be the same. If someone wants to ask madmab if he can give the xport emulators the same functionality as coinops as far as the different file names and display names then with little effort the whole xtra's pack would be completely interchangable with coinops. This would give any user the ability to use one set of bells and whistles with all xport emulators and coinops. Since coinops keys on the prefix to determine which core will launch it will only work if the xport code gets the change.

Having different sets of videos and screens is going to kill space. Hell the last coinops I got had 4gb of roms and over 6 gigs of extra's

Here is the utility I used

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

testrxs.jpg

still got to tweak it now to showcase level

tidy up naming

tidy up cats

tidy up years

tidy up videos

tidy some to be all time classics

tidy some to be all hot games

ill only be doing this on my hand picked ones but all the other will run just not so tidy unless others give me the tidy ups

With the batch utility that is no issue if I knew exactly what characters are bad I can take them out just as easy.

Since the game names don't matter. I generate a list first of the way the game names should appear then manually edit that list. The other lists require me just to add prefix and remove the spaces it will not take much more effort to remove the bad characters so it is easier for you to add.

Do you want to port in any of those cores I mentioned? If so let me know and I will prepare the lists.

not looking at that stuff now till after I do Showcase 3...it needs to go though a bug bash and total end to end cleanup again as its now got 1000 plus new games from my last bug bash....

after that ill see where im heading again...normally the total tidy up and end to end test takes weeks to get it all perfect