Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

OK here are the driver names added there is also alot fixed.....but these are the added ones and ones I optomised for Showcase with everything done

If you want to get a head start here we go......if anyone gets these videos done the build will be released that day by them if they want :thumbsup1:

corez.jpg

PEACE

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way you could make the emulator accept the video names we've already established if I were to give you a complete list of the Xtras names for roms for the systems you're adding?

That way it could recognize either the matching file name, or the Xtras name if there is no matching video name.

I would imagine that in the end this little bit of code tweaking would not only save everyone a ton of space on their drives, but it would also save time converting the video names.

Your dats is what is being used already. The names had to be changed for them to work in mame. It wont even accept the extra characters in the display name.

If it adds the same way the display name is added atleast the part I am familar with then it would require more work than accepting the naming convention the other way. It would require tweaking 1000's of line of code which would all have to be done by hand not to mention the functionality would have to be written in to. Most likely some more stuff I don't know about to.

Also your rom sets for the system are not going to work. Each game has a specific driver name and that name matches your rom name. Your rom names require minor tweaking to be able to boot threw coinops. But the display name should be your rom name 9 times out of 10 without the bogus characters.

On the 2 emulators that was just added if you SNES_ as a prefix to your snes roms and MDRIVE_ for genesis and delete all the spaces take out all characters other than letters or numbers then your set will match coinops. This can be done in seconds for all your roms and extras with a bulk renaming utility. Then everything will be interchangable without adding in doubles. The game names still look good and clean in the xport emulators to. The only thing you might not like is seeing the prefix but madmab could most likely write a code pretty easy to ignore the prefix just like the emulator already does with file extensions.

This is what DOA will most likely say if not more. I just wanted you to know from another source so you did not think he is holding out on you if he says no. Your dats were used for this project so the conversion will go easy if having the best of both worlds is what you want. An effort was made to make everything interchangable from the start and the end result is as close as it could possibly be to being the same. The bending has got to happen from the other end but it is quick and painless. No kidding you could do everything you have for the extra's in all your systems with this naming convention and be done in less than 30 min.

Edited by run088

SNES VIDEOS ONLY 5 OF THEM NEEDED IF ANYONE HAS THEM OR WANTS TO MAKE THEM

cotton

james pond 3 operation starfish

nightmare busters

rendering ranger R2

super aleste

SEGA VIDEOS ONLY 3 OF THEM NEEDED IF ANYONE HAS THEM OR WANTS TO MAKE THEM

panorama cotton

probotector

Thunder Force IV

Bummer.... no way to just make it another thing that CoinOPS adds when it's doing its initial rom scan when you start it up the first time?

Unfortunately I will not change the names of my roms. Other people have wanted me to do that because they don't like things like the "I" character after "Super Mario Bros I", but I was firmly against it. For every rom file I rename, I also have to rename Artwork folders, Videos, Saves (all 5 files including folder), gamefaqs, manuals, and any possible other Xtras for them to work properly with new and possible features in the future. I will also have to totally redo all the "Enhanced Artwork" folders after that is done because they are based off the old Screenshots packs. After that, I would have to hand test everything one at a time again to make sure they all worked together (A huge part of what I've been doing here is the testing I never talk much about)

It's been about 4 years of rom collecting, renaming, testing going on here, so I can't reverse that in a month in time to release the Xtras on my timeframe.

I realize you're busy now, and it would take a bit of work, but I do hope you consider doing this in the future. I believe the Xtras will long outlive the XBox, and will continue to be built upon when I'm gone. If you manage to seriously get a multi platform player out of CoinOPS I think it will outlive the box as well if somebody comes alongs and ports it to a more powerful machine. It would be nice if this didn't require 100 additional GB space and a lot of conversions to get it to work.

Who knows... maybe by that time we'll all have 2GB hard drives on our boxes for 40 bucks and people will have done all the conversions for us.

EDIT: BTW... all of these videos you guys are asking for are already made. Between the SNES and Genesis alone there are over 3,000 videos, so this includes as many prototypes, hacks, translations, Unlicensed, Europe and Japanese roms as the team could find that were playable. If you can wait until March 15th, you could just use mine. If somebody wanted to really help and make videos in the mean time, they should focus on the 130 or so Game Boy Advance videos that still need to be done. The only other system that needs them is the Atari 800 and I think Stupot1 pretty much has that covered.

Edited by ressurectionx

Fixed mem leak in SNES and Megadrive cores :thumbsup1: so no more lockups occassionally on Booting a game...

Fixed sram save for SNES.... (when I go into a game like Super Ghouls and Ghosts and change the hardness to expert it wont save? any idea why? it doesnt in export stuff as well by looks is there any way to save this stuff? If I select a slot to save it saves it)

also made it autoswitch between SD and HD and setup the screensize...and it can be adjusted globally as well after it auto resizes for HD or SD....wont auto resize till a new screen SD/HD is found then it will reset to 640x480 or 1280x720 if it detects its changed