Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, well, its going to be doing something very different, so I think its justified. I always liked the name CoinOps because its obviously an Arcade emulator and it was more fun than MAMEox.

At this point, it might be smart to branch off into two different directions:

1 - CoinOps: Just arcade emulation. This would be good for people that want to keep it simple and leave their emulators separate.

2 - TBD Frontend: Multi-emulator launcher and dashboard replacement.

Of course, I'm not the author, so these are just my suggestions.

Oh please not another name change.

That's actually a very good idea. You could call it MELD. Rather fitting really.

ha someones smuggling RAISINS! :P

QUOTE:Who wants to set up 20 when they only have to set up 1 -cab owners wont mind Im sure + retards who are just lazy not to confuse the two...

Real gamers do buddy ..one emu to launch them all is whats gonna end up destroying the scene

(its on its last leg as it is) trust me buddy on the other hand if it was just a "FRONT-END" or dashboard he created its different but an emu doing it is whats gonna cause the last remaining guy working on the box to stop since all Bp has to do is make his emu take the great bits and pieces of his work..so ? BP will you be taking parts of Nestopia Im sure you know exactly what Im talking about... :P

Edit:I second the name change TBD F MELD sounds great!!!! cool name..

Edited by (XBOX)

No just Meld on it's own, coz it's one word and it stands for Multiple Emulator Launcher and Dashboard. TBD just stands for To Be Determined.

ha someones smuggling RAISINS! :P

QUOTE:Who wants to set up 20 when they only have to set up 1 -cab owners wont mind Im sure + retards who are just lazy not to confuse the two...

Real gamers do buddy ..one emu to launch them all is whats gonna end up destroying the scene

(its on its last leg as it is) trust me buddy on the other hand if it was just a "FRONT-END" or dashboard he created its different but an emu doing it is whats gonna cause the last remaining guy working on the box to stop since all Bp has to do is make his emu take the great bits and pieces of his work..so ? BP will you be taking parts of Nestopia Im sure you know exactly what Im talking about... :P

Edit:I second the name change TBD F MELD sounds great!!!! cool name..

Do you realize how many systems I put together? Just not mine. I take care of alot of peoples stuff in my area. Its not about lazy it is about saving time because time is money.

You should check the definition also of open source. If the source is released no one has the right to bitch about someone else using it. As long as credit is given then everything is fair. If people think this project over shadows their's this project is open sourced and they are welcome to take whatever code they want if DOA wants them to use it or not. That is open source and no one can make that call but the original author. Which nobody is unless they wrote the pc code. All the emulators come from PC code it makes no difference who ported them over they are still using someone else's code to do it.

Hoarding open source code is what slows everything down not kills things. Open source is ment to be shared and grow not hoarded by someone to use all to there self.

How do you think microsoft ever got big?

Here is a hint it was not there code.

They actually stole everybody else's and if they did not the era of the pc would still be in the stone age.

Think about that for a minute.

MELD. The logo could be the letters etched into molten metal or something. Or something like the T1000 glooping together in T2.