Coinops Discussion

BritneysPAIRS

I always thought it would be cool to have a single unified emulation interface much like Maximus Arcade for the PC. But I think the key thing there is that all the systems have separate games lists and aren't all mixed up as they appear to be in CoinOPS. The CoinOPS UI just isn't suitable for this. I think an interface similar to the one FBA-XXX used to have with different 'pages' for different systems would work far better and I should think would be fairly simple to add. But as it is it's an ok step in the right direction.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does sort by manufacture then use dpad left and right to change systems.

Kinda like the fba but it auto scrolls into other systems it does not stop. I dont know how it looks when you throw in the mame games I have really only had time for testing out the new stuff as it is added. It could use some improvement on the way this works but the base of that feature is there.

Edited by run088

Actually I like the idea of launchning all the different console games from the CoinOps interface.

With all the preview videos enabled, browsing the list gets sluggish and slow. Is there anything I can do about it?

I think of going back to just screenshots because of this...

concerning the slow video preview you are speaking of here are you using reignite r4??because it has the fast trigger function now as in it will scroll much quicker

I maintain that the FBA-XXX UI would work far better than this one.

DOA, if you're in touch with GogoAckman then why not ask him to bolt it on there for you? God knows he stuck it on every emu he ever touched, even where it was massively unsuitable (KI-XXX anyone?).

I agree that function would be better. I asked him about it. That was what I had in mind when he told me to sort by manufacture and use dpad left and right. I had wanted him to make a category just for it and include cps,neogeo,etc. But what was running across my mind was exactly what your saying.

Edited by run088

I'm getting the feeling that the answer is no. So the whole point of all this core business is just to have everything launch from one platform. Which as Cba points out doesn't really save any time as you have to run CoinOps, then wait for CoinOps to run Xport. As far as I see it, you may as well just run Xport in the first place. Besides, your emulator section in XBMC would be pretty lonely if it just had CoinOps in it.

Quote by NES, genesis playing on FBL is just a bonus,

I dont really see the big fuss about running xport emus via Coinops seriously im not talking shit BP just stating the obvious why are these cab owners getting their nickers wet over this is ,whos knows...XBMC can do this just as easy remember when games like Osman were made playable + not to mention a shit load of other gems. (cough/cough wheres Iq when you need'em) :D

well no offense im doing the coding but I have alot of dates at present..... :D and they take alot of my time...it seems to be my new hobby.

I told people to get a build then I can start looking at features :) I know what this means....it means your commenting without seeing...when you have ill be open to suggestions...

Im going to ignor what ever those people that keep coming in are saying....I cant be bothered with whatever it is im sorry I dont have time and I want to just go forward....I dont see anything usefull ever from them and they wont listen to others and even when people desert them they still think they know best and its best to tell everyone on a way more popular thread about it....they wont do it elsewhere as said 1000 times due to there threads allways disapear quickly with no real interest.

THE ANSWER TO IS IT BETTER THAN XPORT EMU the answer is no its way worse and just plays the games....if you want a million features use the real thing im not completing with it at all....what it does do over xport and XBMC is a fantastic sorting and times played...a fantastic fav system that works and works very well...also stuff like random etc and I see a megadrive game and go oh id like to play that...rather than having to think about playing that game and then switching emus....I just see it in my list and go ...id like to play that when I had not even been thinking about it :) so I love that it pops into my vision and I go thats cool id love to give that a go

CBA singularity thread started Jan 17 2010, 06:53 PM

455 views.... that should enough of hint to see a difference in what im doing to what hes doing....and it should also tell them they are being ignorant to most people in the scene

but anyways..... I cant read though all this stuff sorry...all I saw really was about sorting which will be discussed and is being in the team with new features over the last few months....when you see a build ill show you some ideas going forward...

You guys if you want stuff in tell the haters to stay out publically or I wont both trolling though line and lines of rubbish...or forum a proper discussion about this stuff if you cant see 90 percent done by 10 percent of people is just spam....tell them to there face they are wanted but create there own threads or stay in there own threads as they dont talk for you guys...if not it will be private releases again and you can blam yourselves for not publically supporting moving forward, and not ask me why I did it that way when its plainly obvious....

So after all this, your only selling point for doing it is your sorting options? What a lot of grief for something so trivial. Also why answer me in an edit to your above post then quote it? Nevermind. The terrible shame is that in years to come, new users will come along and think that you're actually responsible for making all the different console emulators on the Xbox, when in reality, all you've really made is a frontend.