Final Burn Legends 1.3

nes6502

@NES6502.

I have recently been playing with your skin engine for FBL. I am a HD (720) user so i built my skin for that size.

I have a HD (1280x720) Rombrowser and a full screen 1280x720 mainmenu video.

Its the splashscreen and splashscreen2 im having trouble with.

Iv'e optimised my graphics (1280x720) so they are much less in KB than the deformed then stretched 640x480 ones.

However the emulator refuses to show them (white screen).

It then goes on to show the rest of the emulator graphics as normal with no problems.

My question = has the emulator been coded to only accept a 640x480 image at the splashscreens ?

Edited by cba.gy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'd appreciate some help with fbl 1.3

from the fbl 1.1 thread:

As in FBL 1.0, it's impossible for me to enter menu options (to resize the screen and modified stuff, and also remap the inputs, standard layout of X-Arcade is pretty much horrible).

Change the button combo used to start the emulation menu. There are several presets to pick from.

Where are these presets? I can't find them in the main emu/GUI menu and neither in the emu pause menu. Is it an .ini that has to be modified?

Thanks in advance folks.

edit: question answered by kenshiro by mp. thanks dude!

Edited by superchango

Hi All,

@Nes - fantastic emu, easily my favourite on the Xbox and massive kudos to you.

@ All - I have a problem with Metal Slug 5, all roms verified in Romcentre but whichever one I choose plays with no sound, I have tried changing the Neo Geo bios but to no avail. I seem to remember this happened with one of Kenshiros builds of FBA xxx, is this a hangover from that code or is it easily sortable? I'm running in 480i if that matters at all. I'm bummed cause this is the only Neo Geo game with any issues as far as I have played so far.

Hi All,

@Nes - fantastic emu, easily my favourite on the Xbox and massive kudos to you.

@ All - I have a problem with Metal Slug 5, all roms verified in Romcentre but whichever one I choose plays with no sound, I have tried changing the Neo Geo bios but to no avail. I seem to remember this happened with one of Kenshiros builds of FBA xxx, is this a hangover from that code or is it easily sortable? I'm running in 480i if that matters at all. I'm bummed cause this is the only Neo Geo game with any issues as far as I have played so far.

you need to update the parent rom of metal slug5 as i had this same problem,once you do this all the other mslug5 games work fine.

like i said it is just the parent rom you need to update.

Final Burn Legends 1.3

-Fixed controls for:

Mega Man - the power battle

Mega Man 2 - the power fighters

hello

first of all, i would like to thanks a lot for FBA, it's a big pleasure

I have a question

i want to know if it's difficult for you to make a FBL for

only CPS 1

only CPS 2

only NEOGEO

only CAVE

only TOAPLAN

i have see some xbe in the zip file like CAVE.XBE i will test it to see if it's what i search

i want to make a xbox cab with optimised FBL for each system

thanks for your answer and thanks again for your effort about XBOX arcade emulation :D

@ All - I have a problem with Metal Slug 5, all roms verified in Romcentre but whichever one I choose plays with no sound, I'm running in 480i if that matters at all. I'm bummed cause this is the only Neo Geo game with any issues as far as I have played so far.

It works for me (i use 480i too), all Metal Slug 5 sets works fine and have sound. Anyone else have the same issue?

I have tried changing the Neo Geo bios but to no avail. I seem to remember this happened with one of Kenshiros builds of FBA xxx, is this a hangover from that code or is it easily sortable?

No. FBL has a special support for the sound roms of NeoPCM2 games, i never implemented it in FBA-XXX Pro. Details here --> http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php...56.msg10538#new

The code is mostly manage in the same way as the previous one, but there is a special support to decrypt the sound roms of the NeoPCM2 games.

In fact running Neogeo games on a Xbox in 480P and 720P is extremely RAM consumer, and the sound roms will be not decrypted properly (need 16Mo of RAM for the sound roms themselves + an extra buffer of 16Mo). The sound roms are now process before everything else; it simply allocate 32 Mo of RAM, decrypt the roms, write them into a file, free the RAM and put the data in RAM later during gameinit. This way there is no more sound issues :D

It concerned the following games:

The King of Fighters 2002

The King of Fighters 2002 Plus (bootleg set 1)

The King of Fighters 2002 Plus (bootleg set 2)

The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus (bootleg)

The King of Fighters 2002 Magic Plus II (bootleg)

Matrimelee / Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon

Metal Slug 5

Metal Slug 5 (AES Cart)

Metal Slug 5 (JAMMA PCB)

Metal Slug 5 Plus (bootleg)

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (JAMMA PCB, set 1)

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS (JAMMA PCB, set 2)

SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS

Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (set 1)

Samurai Shodown V / Samurai Spirits Zero (set 2)

The King of Fighters 2003 (World / US, MVS)

The King of Fighters 2003 (bootleg set 1)

The King of Fighters 2003 (bootleg set 2)

The King of Fighters 2004 Ultra Plus (The King of Fighters 2003 bootleg)

The King of Fighters 2004 Plus / Hero (The King of Fighters 2003 bootleg)

Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (set 1, uncensored)

Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (set 2, censored)

Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special (set 3, less censored)

The King of Fighters 2003 (Japan, JAMMA PCB) use the same stuff. Moo.

Thanks for the help Fu & Kenshiro also should say it was awesome work you did on getting fba xxx up to date Kenshiro, the Neo Geo stuff reallly does run flawlessly. In fact I was playing SNKs own Arcade Classics collection on the PS2 the other night and in my opinion FBA runs the games far better :D

I just tested the NeoGeoCPS2.xbe

I thought this file just emulate NEOGEO and CPS2

yes he emule it but

when i choose a game, the emulator back to dashboard and when i launch it again, he play the rom i choosen !

strange lol

EDIT

i have replace NeoGeoCPS2.xbe by default.xbe 11MB but same effect for CPS2 roms

i will try for NEOGEO tomorow

wow !

Edited by OOKAMI

I just tested the NeoGeoCPS2.xbe

I thought this file just emulate NEOGEO and CPS2

yes he emule it but

when i choose a game, the emulator back to dashboard and when i launch it again, he play the rom i choosen !

strange lol

EDIT

i have replace NeoGeoCPS2.xbe by default.xbe 11MB but same effect for CPS2 roms

i will try for NEOGEO tomorow

wow !

if you want final burn legends to just display neogeo,cps2,toaplan and so on just go into the options and use the filters to display toapln or neogeo or whatever.

or just put the roms for toaplan into one biuld of final burn legends and it will display just the toaplan...i dont know why you want it to launch using different default.xbes because like i said just put the roms for each manafacturer into different biulds and you are good to go.

also edit the default.xbe of each different biuld of fb legends to say toaplan or whatever so it will display that name on the dash.

it just seems like you are complicating things for yourself when there is such a simple solution.