Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

Someone asked about auto frameskipping. It's enabled with no way to disable it. I could add an option to do so but keep in mind:

It is only used when needed. Check the FPS display to see if a game is using it. If the FPS is 59 it's not. If it goes below 59 it is until it is at 59 again.

It keeps the game running at the correct speed with audio.

If it is disabled then anytime a game can't run at 60 FPS the game will run in slow motion and the audio will hiss, crackle, etc...

It was me who asked for the option to toggle frameskipping on or off. Would it not be possible to turn it on and off for the games on an individual basis? If not, then I would still love to have the option to turn frameskipping on or off in the emulator, as long as it doesn't cause a problem somewhere else like CPU overclocking does.

I think it couldn't hurt as long as users know what they're doing. You just explained to me when I should and should not use it -- but I'd still like to see this option added. It's one of the few things on my wish list for this great app.

Maybe the changelog should have a big warning message attached to it for people who don't know any better. :D Honestly, I really do hope you decide to add this option.

It's a bug. I'll add it to the fix list.

Excellent. :thumbsup1::)

Edited by neoryu

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bug. I'll add it to the fix list.

excellent, i was gonna mention that one. :D

thanks for answering my questions, hope I arent annoying you with all the stupid questions.

I'm loving this legends emu. thanks nes for all the work you've put into this. :thumbsup1:

About the NeoGeo greenscreen. In FBA-XXX Pro you can switch between all the different bioes, including the different UniBios versions. In version 2.0 and onward of the UniBios, there are options at a game's first boot which you can set, which include under 'General Bios settings' the option to 'Disable BootUp HW test'. This gets rid of the green screen, which in some cases like KOF 2003 cuts some wait time, as that game displays the green screen for quite a while. I always used UniBios 2.0 in XXX-Pro coz it also has the option to disable the UniBios Logo splash screen which I don't like. For some reason in the later versions you can't. Now I haven't actually tried FBL yet, but I'm guessing there's not an option to use the UniBioes? If there was you could all kiss goobye to the green screen forever.

I must admit, the UniBIOS 2.0 is nice. I don't know if it causes problems for the emulation, but it is nice to be able to set the country, Arcade/AES mode, and disable the green screen. Several Neo Geo games start a LOT faster when disabling the green screen test. I know it's not accurate emulation, but it does make things start faster.

I think it's only important to have accurate emulation in the game itself, not in it's boot up sequence.

Awesome emulator. Quick question for you. All of my NEOGEO roms are not working (CPS1 and 2 are fine). I put neogeo.zip file in the rom folder. Do I need to to something else?

Scan your ROMs with RomCenter to fix them or tell you which ones are bad.

Been rebuilding some more roms. I noticed a few LightGun games crept through in the dat. Before i transfer anything and get frustrated, does this emulator support LightGuns (yet) ?

Nes, it's really great to see that your emphasis is on having the most accurate emulation possible with the games. It really, really shows in this emulator. In fact, this FBL emulation is significantly improved over the FBA XXX and Pro versions on the games I've tested. :D I just didn't want to speak too soon.

If you keep emulation accuracy for the games as your 1st priority, then it would be quite fine with me. Many of us share that same philosophy.

The scene is so very fortunate that you were able to release this legendary app. :thumbsup1:

Edited by neoryu

About the NeoGeo greenscreen. In FBA-XXX Pro you can switch between all the different bioes, including the different UniBios versions. In version 2.0 and onward of the UniBios, there are options at a game's first boot which you can set, which include under 'General Bios settings' the option to 'Disable BootUp HW test'. This gets rid of the green screen, which in some cases like KOF 2003 cuts some wait time, as that game displays the green screen for quite a while. I always used UniBios 2.0 in XXX-Pro coz it also has the option to disable the UniBios Logo splash screen which I don't like. For some reason in the later versions you can't. Now I haven't actually tried FBL yet, but I'm guessing there's not an option to use the UniBioes? If there was you could all kiss goobye to the green screen forever.

I must admit, the UniBIOS 2.0 is nice. I don't know if it causes problems for the emulation, but it is nice to be able to set the country, Arcade/AES mode, and disable the green screen. Several Neo Geo games start a LOT faster when disabling the green screen test. I know it's not accurate emulation, but it does make things start faster.

I did some investigations (as i'm not familiar as much with Unibios), and here is what i've found after five minutes of search in google lol It is an extract of the unibios 2.3 read me:

- Disable BootUp HW Test

This option forces the UNIVERSE BIOS to skip some hardware tests at power on,

it makes booting faster but you have no guarantee the system is in full working

order. This option is on by default.

It means that we can use directly the 2.3 version, without use the outdated 2.0. It would not be a bad idea to make 2.3 the default Neogeo bios in FBL, that' is the easy way to go. I wrote some piece of code who allows to select whatever bios before starting a game (all those supported in FBA, IIRC there is 23 bios).

I will send you this as soon as possible Nes6502, i've also some more (interesting? :thumbsup1: ) Neogeo stuff. Mooooooo.