Being there for someone

Tell them to grow up. It's not necessarily hard to get stupid drunk and screw someone. They're just makin fun.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax dude, people make mistakes. The problem would be if you didn't realize it.

I have someone who has been here for me the last little bit, we both realize what can and cannot be for now especially given what I've been through and she understands. We're friends, that look after eachother and yeah I think you get the point.

Not exactly the same situation, but could it be a mistake?...maybe. I hope not, but if you're honest with yourself and the other person, it should work out ok. We're honest with eachother, and I think we both realize that it most likely will never go beyond that and will have to end one day.

Tell your friends GF the truth, tell the girl the truth...if it's not who you are, don't leave them thinking it is. If you did something that you even feel wasn't right, you HAVE to say something or it will eat you.

Relax dude, people make mistakes. The problem would be if you didn't realize it.

I have someone who has been here for me the last little bit, we both realize what can and cannot be for now especially given what I've been through and she understands. We're friends, that look after eachother and yeah I think you get the point.

Not exactly the same situation, but could it be a mistake?...maybe. I hope not, but if you're honest with yourself and the other person, it should work out ok. We're honest with eachother, and I think we both realize that it most likely will never go beyond that and will have to end one day.

Tell your friends GF the truth, tell the girl the truth...if it's not who you are, don't leave them thinking it is. If you did something that you even feel wasn't right, you HAVE to say something or it will eat you.

I've let them know long ago. Thanks for the advice.

How did you meet your new friend?

I've let them know long ago. Thanks for the advice.

How did you meet your new friend?

At a party via...believe it or not, one of my late wifes best friends.

I spent a good 8 hours out hanging with her (Actually over the course of TWO parties that night), we got to know eachother and I let her know enough about what I've been through, didn't hide anything and we just clicked...shit happens. And no alcohol was not a factor, we drank but only earlier that night and both totally sober by the end of the 2nd party.

We spent more than those 8 hours together, it wasn't a regret for either of us and we're just here for eachother right now...not even just for that, she spent the night last night just to talk and crash.

I know not everyone would understand, but those that matter do...and she knows my daughter can only know she's a friend (Spent till 3pm today playing with my daughter lol)

For as long as i have known you, you have always been too hard on yourself. A lack of judgement due to alcohol consumption is something you would naturally regret, but you cannot let it consume you. She came on to you pretty hard, despite being in a relationship. Either she was extremely attracted to you, or was in a very emotional and possibly physically unsatisfying relationship. Those two things spell trouble for anyone involved.

You are only human and a loss on control happens. Learn from it, move on. I would not avoid this individual. Do not seek her out, but do not go out of your way to avoid her either. If you see her, talk about what happened, else you will have awkward moments every single time you even so much as hear her name in passing. And that is no good for your mental state of being.