FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, even the longest rom names shouldn't interfere with the character's pictures now. Haggar in particular makes more sense in HD I think now I've mirrored him. I'd have done that in the standard def one too but because there isn't the extra horizonal space the romlist ends up going over his face instead of his shoulder.

Anyway, a few things I'd edit. The previoussystem, nextsystem and title values should be brought up so that the icons and text appear within the top turquoise bar. Also check that the main menu lines up with the romlist, I like things lined up nicely too.

And I'd swap some of the romdata values around. I'd put company where players is, system where company was, and then players where system was. If that makes sense. That way the uber long company names and system names of certain roms won't display over the CPS1/CPS2/NegGeo/Others logos.

Do all that, and you can have a cookie, and we can release your xml so that everyone can have the skin in HD. Booya.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

Exactly all those changes you mentioned are going in my version. Didnt want to post my changes cause i thought you may have got upset with me fiddling with your values. I did only have a few mins earlier to play with it, will complete later on.

Don't worry about upsetting anyone, right now you're fiddling with the default values not mine, if you used the default xml to start with. That's why the romdata's in that order and the title and previous/next sytem icons are too low, coz the turqoiuse bar is lower down in the default skin.

It's interesting that it just resizes the 640x480 values to fit 720p. That means that the xml I made would have almost worked. Just that the rom info would've been too squished together coz I squeezed it to fit how I wanted. Anyway, keep up the good work. I know xml editing isn't the most exciting thing in the world.

Left truncated rom names on this time.

Didnt realise i had overscan before so had to re-mapped some stuff, as you can see.

Was stating co-ordinates in earlier posts for the The-Ice-Man.

But it makes for boring stuff so PM everything and just show results here.

b1.jpg

Menu.jpg

Edited by cba.gy

That's the plan. I'm gonna be making a small modification to the pictures themselves, basically adding a couple of lines down the left side for the romlist to line up with, cba.gy suggested I try adding something down the left side to balance the skin. So we'll see what that looks like. I'll be doing that tonight coz I'm out of town today. Things are looking pretty spot on as they are now though I think.

Thinking of moving the A (start) and B (setup) along the X axis so the will sit between the two colomns of rom descriptions. Y axis (height) will stay the same. If you get what i mean. As they are they only line up with the first column which make it look kinda dis-jointed. Appearing below and between the columns will give it a smoother finished appearance.

Go for it. I thought of that earlier too. Just got back in so I'll start on the pictures again. I'll PM you the first one when done so you can see what it looks like.

Apparantly there were soundtracks released for DoDonPachi and Battle Garegga. If I can find them I'll give them a go. I took a look at the tracks in the Arcade skin that Mtsaint posted the other day, and they're at 64kbps. I'll try coverting my track to that and see if it works properly, although I don't think it'll sound great at that bitrate.

you can get the soundtracks off of the sega saturn versions of those games in 16 bit 44100 wav format

Got the background music all sorted a while ago. I ripped the Battle Garegga tracks from the Saturn version at the highest quality possible to work with when mixing the tracks, then converted the final piece down to 64bit wma like FBA needs to play.