FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

I've noticed when making my skin that the option to display a background image when playing vertical games doesn't work for me. When I enable the option and play 1941 for example the space at the sides is either black like normal or sometimes white. Oddly if I click the right thumbstick to open the mini menu the background image displays like it should while the mini menu is up, but then it disappears again when I close the mini menu. And it doesn't come back if I open the menu again. Not unless I close the game and start it again. Also when opening a moves list while playing a game, say for Street Fighter, the background image is supposed to display then as well but it doesn't, it's just a transparent square over the paused game. Does this happen for everyone else? I'm using FBA-XXX Pro v1.29c.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed when making my skin that the option to display a background image when playing vertical games doesn't work for me. When I enable the option and play 1941 for example the space at the sides is either black like normal or sometimes white. Oddly if I click the right thumbstick to open the mini menu the background image displays like it should while the mini menu is up, but then it disappears again when I close the mini menu. And it doesn't come back if I open the menu again. Not unless I close the game and start it again. Also when opening a moves list while playing a game, say for Street Fighter, the background image is supposed to display then as well but it doesn't, it's just a transparent square over the paused game. Does this happen for everyone else? I'm using FBA-XXX Pro v1.29c.

cant say ive had this problem are you playing in 720phd?

Bah, I don't have a HD tv. I don't even see an option to display in HD, is that something that just gets detected or is there an option for it like in CoinOps? If there was I'm sure I'd have made sure it was off.

Question, guys:

Is Street Fighter 1 (the very first one) running on FBA-XXX 1.29c?

I know that CoinOPS is running, but since CoinOPS does not accept command line, no candy for a shortcut!

Regards,

Cospefogo.

streetfighter1 has been running for ages now on fbaxxx.

streetfighter1 has been running for ages now on fbaxxx.

But FuManchu,

Is it running only in Kensho's 1.29 or is it running too in the old +T+ 1.28?

Thanks,

Cospefogo.

it only runs in 1.29.

Nothing to do with emulation, codename "Banana Hammock". Still makes me laugh weeks after i first saw it. Does it have that effect on other users or am i wierd ?

Just means you like man thongs. Who's to say if that's wierd.

Finished my skin. Posting a beta release here. I've called it Legends, because each category has a picture and background music representing the game I think was most iconic to that system. The music for each category is in each case from a remixed or arranged soundtrack of the game that I could find.

For CPS1, Mike Haggar, representing Final Fight. Music from Final Fight CD.

For CPS2, Ken Masters, representing Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Music from the SSF2T HD Remix.

For NeoGeo, Terry Bogard, representing King of Fighters '98. Music from King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match.

For Others, the Black Heart plane, representing Battle Garegga. Music from the Saturn version.

For the non category view, (If you disable every menu) the picture is of all four together.

The background picture for vertical games and moves lists is from DarkStalkers. (Not that it works for me)

Music for the ingame menu is from DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou. Just coz I like it.

The music for the non category view is a separate file from the others called Allmenu.wma. At the moment it's just a copy of the CPS2 track coz it's my favourite. I made it a separate file so that if you do like to use the non category view, you can swap it out with a copy of your favourite track. I may get round to making a medley of all the tracks I made to use for Allmenu.wma so it's different.

I may also eventually remake all the tracks so that they're a lot shorter. I realise they're so long that you won't hear all of them in the emulator unless you spend 20 to 40 minutes choosing a rom. A feature suggestion that would solve this problem would be if an mp3 player was incorporated into the emulator, so that you could have a bunch of different tracks for each category, which play through while you're choosing a rom, then pause when you're playing a game, then resume when you either enter the ingame menu or close the rom. I know it's very unlikely but it'd be cool, you could put it on shuffle so you don't hear the same tracks over and over, which is the only problem with my skin as is.

Anyway, hope people like my skin. Link:

http://files.filefront.com/13770765

Edit: Since I've now completed the HD version and made a final release, I've updated this link, just in case anyone wanders onto this part of the thread and decides to click it. If you do, you'll now get the full release, instead of the beta. Booyaa.

Edited by The-Ice-Man