Red Bull, Monster, and all the other energy drinks ...

Alpha

I've never tried any of these aforementioned power drinks. Honestly, I think more studies should be done as to what is really in any of these drinks. It sounds like they are filled with caffeine to the max and may eventually kill you over time. I have a feeling that prolonged drinkage over the years are going to cause people to stop growing, stop tasting, and officially brain dead. Why not just drink a Gatorade or a cup of Coffee?

Do you drink any of this stuff? How do you like it? Does it really help you function or overfunction?

Energy drinks suck. The only one I do cuz it actually works is the 5 Hour Energy Shot. It doesn't have any of the ingredients that the others have. Though I think the real reason it works is cuz it tastes so awful.

Well Gatorade doesn't contain any caffeine or guarana so it won't make you excited or anything. All it does is supply spent electrodes.

I don't drink them, but I know a few people and even professors that drink them before doing work or teaching.

Well Gatorade doesn't contain any caffeine or guarana so it won't make you excited or anything. All it does is supply spent electrodes.

^ I always knew that. I just felt like adding that in there since it once was known as a big time "power drink" of champions.

Who could forget the commercial of Michael Jordan & Gatorade vs. Michael Jordan & Water?

energy drinks=poison not cause of the nergy enhancing suppliments but because of all the sugar the avarage energy drink has like 12 tablespoons of sugar thats ways more than the liver can process, i think. anyone know how much sugar the liver can process before sugar=poison?

On occasion I drink either Munster, Rockstar, Bawls, or straight up Coffee.

My father can't function after a drunken night without a energy drink at work though.

Personally, they all do the same sh!t, super hype you up till the crash, and that crash knocks you out like a 5 year old baby who just got home from karate practice.

Waste of money. They contain NOTHING that is useful to your body. Ginseng, Guarana etc etc.......useless marketing ploys. The sugar may give you a short lived energy boost, but you're better off eating something decent and letting your body synthesize glucose on it's own (Like it's supposed to!).

The human body, or any animal for that matter, is designed to intake WATER and ONLY water. Everything else we drink is for satisfying a want.

That said, I drink entirely way too much coffee, but caffeine has it's "perks" :D