Any of you guys think "Art" is "Fart"?

Alpha

Ever look at a painting of mumbo jumbo and think that who in the blue hell thinks this is even worth a penny? Go to a museum and you'll know what I mean. Sure it's an uneducated thing to say as the sophistications of some artworks are justified. But some of these abstract artworks have no limits or rules.

For example, what in the blue hell is this?

abstractart1fu2.jpg

Or this?

abstractartpictureroyalqr0.jpg

What do you think?

the first one just looks like a funny picture. the second is definitely art. I'm not big on abstract art but I can appreciate it.

the first one just looks like a funny picture. the second is definitely art. I'm not big on abstract art but I can appreciate it.

I respect your point of view entirely.

However, what is there to appreciate if you don't understand what you're appreciating? That's like saying you appreciate the drawing of a 5 year old if it's a bunch of scribble scrabble. (You may appreciate it if it's an artwork of someone related to you.)

Well the 2nd one is easy to appreciate by my standards, because it appears hard to replicate, it may appear to be scribble-scrabble now, but a 5 year old wouldn't be able to draw that unless he was an artist.

The first one is lol.

Lol this coming from someone who doesn't get paid for their art.... I seem to remember Cindy stating "If you say its Art, Than its art" I will stick to that because I would never proclaim to know exactly what is going on it peoples heads when they create some of the stuff out there... But thats the great thing about "art," Its only worth something if it means something to you.. Something that doesnt mean Jack to some one can mean the world to someone else.. So I just look for what I like, and create what I like and call it "art" =)

Yes, the first one is LOL.

The 2nd one art, something that cannot be replicated no matter how hard someone would try. It's unique because of it.

I think this is art as well.

oblivion200804141439038mp0.jpg

oblivion200804141439038mp0.7d98026ac5.jpg

Surrealism at it's best.

I respect your point of view entirely.

However, what is there to appreciate if you don't understand what you're appreciating? That's like saying you appreciate the drawing of a 5 year old if it's a bunch of scribble scrabble. (You may appreciate it if it's an artwork of someone related to you.)

That's because it looks good even though its "scribble scrabble" there's a balance to the colors that makes it nice even if you don't understand it. You don't have to understand something to consider it nice. Do you understand women? hehe bad example but ... :D

• 1 month later...

Hey people.. does somebody LIKE real art? maybe you could understand my opinion.... I call art something that is pleasant to your feelings... when you hear music... you want to hear something really cool... (aerosmith?? ) B) or beautiful.... (any stuff) which is not unpleasant for your ears right? I guess the same goes with visual art.... you just want to take a look at something good... and it means that colours like somebody said before are well mixed and doesn't makes you take that piece of crap and send it directly to trash. I have to say that I really like real themes like people or just partial details.... but I wouldn't appreciate something that appart from being bad drawn (no possible poetry interpretation ) looks ugly in terms of colours... lol :shootem:

I also should mention that in terms of digital design... there are many cool artist which are able to recreate 3D characters which look awsome... but you still can see that they look like dools...

chartachibana_2.jpg

2001554835160446696_rs.jpg

I guess you have seen mines right?

matiasrubiodesign.jpg

bye! :P

RUBIO

Edited by rubiocroft

• 3 weeks later...