The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

I sware, it's a game. Find out when I flock up something. It's pretty awesome considering I win all the time.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

US Arcade release is pretty pointless as there aren't many real arcades left sadly. I dun know about Europe but the only place I know of with a strong arcade scene left is Japan. and with the SF love capcom has been showing xbox I'd guess it's a lock SF4 will hit the 360.

This would suggest SF4 will hit both next gen consoles. Doesn't prove or disprove an arcade release.

According to Sven, they aren't thinking about any consoles right now. Maybe they do want an arcade release in Japan to say the least.

I'll take his word over gaf, but, I do say, at the resolution the first Ryu screenie put up is of any indication, it's that their taking the Wii and possibly PS2 as a possbility for console releases as well as the 360/PS3. The screenie is in 16:9 but not HD.

This game can turn into absolute crap if they do not do beta testing.

Everyone does beta testing.

But I find the idea that this game may not come out on both consoles fairly preposterous. That video gaming market has changed so much that you have to target both consoles.

btw... is the attitude really necessary?

yes. If someone is complaining about the quality of the model this early in development, (s)he's an idiot

What you seem to be too thick to understand is the fact that modeling & texturing costs money. It's stupid to not simply to it properly the first time around. On top of that, what moron would release screenshots that don't look the best that they can? You want to impress people with press releases, not disgust them.

I sware, it's a game. Find out when I flock up something. It's pretty awesome considering I win all the time.

yeah right lol.

anyway back on topic im not really that bothered about the graphics just as long as the gameplay is there,thats all that matters,well to me anyway. :-(

Edited by fumanchu

This game can turn into absolute crap if they do not do beta testing.

Confirmed that EVO players will have input on the game's gameplay direction by Sven.

yeah right lol.

anyway back on topic im not really that bothered about the graphics just as long as the gameplay is there,thats all that matters,well to me anyway. :)

Yeah shut the hell up scrub.

Also a few notes from gaf I took.

SF IV Info: (from schuelma of NeoGAF so credits to him)

- Producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on SF Alpha, SF III, and oversaw Capcom Fighting Revolution

- Ono wants it to be the "second coming" of SF II. Wants it to feel like "homecoming" for SF II fans.

- Online play is planned with potential for microtransactions such as new characters and stages

- The look is not really similiar to the teaser trailer. A "cartoon-shaded style that manages to evoke SF II reimagined in 3d"

- runs in 60FPS

- Gameplay sticking with 2D- Ono wants to "preserve the strategic nature of SF II"

- camera doesn't budge

- Trying to get "as many SFII characters in as possible"

- Takes place after SFII Turbo and before SF III -Wiz note: It should technically be SFII Turbo Revival from GBA, same stuff though.

- Controls are traditional- "in its current early state, the game feels remarkably close to Super SFII Turbo"

- Game is more aggressive- more about attacking than defending. Many of the SF III and Alpha gameplay systems have been scrapped.

- Producer says they haven't decided what platforms or even if there will be an arcade version. Version Shane played was running on a P.C

- Ono suggests Capcom could make a PS2 or DS version if "they deem the market suitable"

- Ono not enthusiastic about making it an exclusive- wants to get it out on as many platforms as possible

The stuff that's important to notice is in bold.

In short, this is SFII.5