RAW IS JERICHO!

Alpha

After months of teasing with the SAVE_US video on WWE programming, Chris Jericho is back! He came at the ending segment with Randy Orton tonight on Monday Night Raw and the crowd was ecstatic. I have not been so excited for wrestling in a long time. If you missed it, I'm sure there will be a YouTube video soon. Jericho or Y2J has always been the man with the best entrances.

5880914aj3.png

»» View Photos

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Once again, Raw is Jericho!

To the chagrin of WWE Champion Randy Orton, who planned a symbolic (and literal) torch-passing ceremony to celebrate his Survivor Series victory over Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho returned to Raw to spoil Orton’s moment of glory.

Just as Orton’s torch bearer arrived at the BankAtlantic Center after completing his 35-mile run from Miami, the runner was attacked by an unknown figure.

While Orton fumed at his ceremony gone awry, the lights in the arena went dark momentarily before exploding into a flourish of pyrotechnics.

When the smoke cleared, the trademark cross pose revealed the one and only Chris Jericho to the roar of the raucously elated crowd.

"Welcome to Raw ... is ... Jericho," Y2J exclaimed.

The former WWE Undisputed Champion soaked up the ovation after being away for more than two years. Y2J’s "second coming" was heralded in weeks of cryptic binary code videos on Raw, SmackDown and ECW that baffled announcers, Superstars and fans alike.

Messages buried in the lines of code hinted that the “Ayatollah of Rock ‘n’ Rolla” was preparing a Raw return Monday night. And Y2J did so in grand fashion, stealing the Legend Killer’s limelight.

Much like his memorable Raw debut in 1999, Jericho reintroduced himself as both a savior and entertainer, coming back to “rescue” our fans.

But Jericho also announced that he was gunning for the WWE Championship, and would take it away from Orton at the first opportunity he gets. It seemed that Y2J’s competitive streak and flair for the dramatic haven’t diminished in his time away from WWE.

And for the WWE Champion, he watched as his night of glory was “torched” by the return of the newest threat to his title reign.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, perhaps I'll step on some toes here. Wrestling sucks............ It isn't what it used to be. Although McMann or however you spell his name, Is either a genius, or has marketing geniuses in his employ.

Jericho........ JERICHO SUCKS!! Ca-mon guys. Honestly here. The man moves as if he is retarded. He can't even make the moves look like they hurt. He is a horrible performer. If I fell of the bed, it would hurt worse than anything he dished out. But at least he didn't have a swanton. The only thing he has is the walls of Jericho, and even that was changed. It would look awesome, if he locked it in with a knee on the shoulder.

;)

All he has is charisma. Its off the charts. But at least he is not touching someone with his index, and knocking them out.................................... That made me weep. O.K. not really, but it was lame. Damn Hogan and his NWO shenanigans.

Well at least wrestling is more entertaining than it was when I was young. I remember Hulk Hogan, doing the ear thing to each side, over and over, FOR OVER 20 MIN! An early Wrestlemania.

So I guess anything is better than that.

P.S. I realize you guys like Jericho, and I don't mean to offend, it's just Jericho is my most hated character. Based solely on his inability to preform to standards. When I watched, (roommates threw a party twice a week) it was only for the moves. Like physics in motion. Some guys were amazing. But yea, sometimes people had there off days, sometimes, they should of just canceled the show half way through. But to me, Jericho, never... EVER... got the job done. There fore, to me, Jericho...... is a jobber. :)

Edited by Belthasar