What age will you grow out of gaming?

Alpha

So I was in my bed last night playing some old Capcom Play System 2 (CPS2) games on the Sony PSP. Finally, my neck was cramping out and I turned it off for rest. I rarely ever pick up my Sony PSP, but the surge of fabulous emulators has recently intrigued me.

Will there ever come a time when you'll feel too old to play games? Time is one factor that if you have a job, children, and wives to take care of, there will be no 10 minutes of Street Fighter available. Only the select few will have the opportunity to have time for everything. Will you?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'll never get too old/busy for video games. They have been a key part of my life thus far, and I hope that will never change. Being a child of technology, I hope to go into a career that revolves around video games, whether it be programming, journalism, or graphic design. When I get old, I plan on being one of those grandpas who still takes time to play with his grandkids on their newfangled systems, while telling them that back in MY day the average graphics card had 256MB of memory! :P

No, video games will never totally leave my life. I won't let that happen.

We had a topic like this before. I think about it more and I'm thinking it depends how active the later video games will be for the user. Obviously, I wouldn't want to be messing around with the Wii if I get home from work when I'm older. As long as I have my genesis, I'll keep playing for a while.

Hopefully never, and I'm going to fight for my right to immerse myself in virtual realities.

Video games are such an integral part of my daily life that giving up on video games would be like heresy.

Hopefully i will never grow out of video games. However im starting to notice that i don't seem to be picking up the controller very much. Ever since my second year of college, i've been doing alot of reading and studying. i hope that all changes soon. Gaming is also a big part of my life. Last year i decided to major for programming we've had several game projects that atleast brought me back to playing video games for a couple months.

Edited by Gabriel

I already have grown out of games, I think. I pretty much only play quick-burst type games, and even then only the same games that I used to like back in the day.

I could not stand playing FFXII despite the fact that I remember FFVIII being one of the most memorable things I can remember. WoW bores me to tears. A lot of the PSP library makes me want to kill myself. I might even be the only person on earth who hated MGS3. Games like Okami, Katamari, and anything on the Wii or DS make me cry. Hell even the Gears of War trailer on the big screen failed to impress me.

Not sure when it even happened.

Well I am 48 and I still play at least 20 hours a week. Mostly on Sunday but I do play everynight mostly. I will play as long as I can push the buttons or stroke the keys.

ive been getting pretty bored with modern games and started playing my genesis again

but thats probably explainable because pretty much all the new games coming out suck (I dont understand the gears of war hype, i bought it and got bored with it in 3 days and havent touched it since, and this happens to me with alot of new games) I dont even buy games anymore because i know ill just get bored with it.

old games ftw.