DSWifi wifi_lib_test

sgstair

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of suggestions...

1) Sort the networks in order of signal strength, highest at the top (so i don't have to keep scrolling down while driving)

2) You've probably heard of Airsnort right? That would be stunning functionality to have in a handheld :blink:

Probably opening myself up for some abuse with the airsnort suggestion but people should be using WPA by now anyway.

Edited by LargePig

Yes, the library is being developed and improved alongside the test app. The whole purpose for the test app is to verify the library interface is complete, usable, and that it's behavior is correct.

-Stephen

Yes, the library is being developed and improved alongside the test app.  The whole purpose for the test app is to verify the library interface is complete, usable, and that it's behavior is correct.

-Stephen

if this app could give some more useful info on the signal strength then it could be such an amazing app for testing signal strength. its already pretty good at that mind you!

p.s. thanks you the app since it keeps our curiosity occupied for a while!

Just tried it on my GBAMP2 and it works perfectly.

I can detect 6 points withen range!

4 of them unsecure (but sadly MarioKart works on none of them..)

Its weird...Wi-Fi seems much more in use then I imagined.

Makes me wonder if some bright person will one day invent a per-to-per wi-fi ISP system...[/dreams]

Anyway, fantastic work on this app, cant wait to see where this leads :D

I have a suggestion: why not let the user choose an access point and let him try to send a mail if it has acces to the internet :D

So you can combine the wardriving and the keyboard test and the smtp protocol is not too hard to implement. :)

(Actually, the app is now giving more useful info on the signal strength, [...]

It looks really interesting, but is it supposed to connect to the Ap? I can't enter the WEp key, but I understand this can be because it's a preview!

Anyway, great work! Recognises my AP (not the G access point from upstairs, i guess it's in G mode only) and wep and all!

:D

Bafio