DSWifi wifi_lib_test

sgstair

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JaJa:

Yeah, I'd seen the post but am anxious to go for the Australian firmware. I had enough fun getting the bugger to work with Ukonline with the UK firware! Just have to wait i guess.

i would imagine using the austrailian firmware would be illegal due to the router then operating using austrailian rf frequencies.

Or not. You see wifi is a standard (802.11) which means it's the same worldwide.

Although i think channel 13 is banned in america, the other 12 channels are the same whether it's US, UK or Austrailian.

Got it working on supercard with latest updates etc...

Sometimes it just boots to 2 white screens but will work after a few attempts. Noticed you cant change the WEP key but guess it because of it being a preview... Great app really looking forward to seeing next release..

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but on the latest version (downloaded today), the app hangs after a brief period of what seems like WiFi activity. I am using FlashMe v5 and an EZFA flashcart. I cannot connect to my AP (no time before hang), and wardriving doesn't take long to crash either. I don't suppose it is just me - the first version worked just fine. Note that the first version required me to prepend the ndsloader.bin (which I downloaded from the FlashMe site), but the current version, with the loader, hangs on boot with two white screens. Without the loader, I can use it, albeit unstably. The loader I am using is v1.1 (the latest).

EDIT: The same white screens are also true of ndsmall.bin

Edited by .t.

Today I walked around the school with my nds and the wifi tool (it was -2 celsius my hands were freezing) and I found 31 AP.

And on the highway from the school to my home +50 AP (50km, with 25km wood). :P

Is it possible to send a message to the acces points?

Hey! I'm working on an UDP chatserver on winsock to communicate with the UDP experimenter. The only problem is that messages sent from the pc to the ds, that have an odd amount of letters (such as 3, 5, 7, 9 letters), result in an "UDP receive checksum incorrect" message on the ds. Messages with an even amount of numbers (2, 4, 6, 8 letters) do get through :-).

Is it my bad programming or a bug in the experimenter?

Anyway, I'll release the chatprogram/server soon (will be able to act as a remote for winamp!).

Edited by infernoDS

Hey! I'm working on an UDP chatserver on winsock to communicate with the UDP experimenter. The only problem is that messages sent from the pc to the ds, that have an odd amount of letters (such as 3, 5, 7, 9 letters), result in an "UDP receive checksum incorrect" message on the ds. Messages with an even amount of numbers (2, 4, 6, 8 letters)  do get through  :-).

Is it my bad programming or a bug in the experimenter?

Anyway, I'll release the chatprogram/server soon (will be able to act as a remote for winamp!).

Hi, I know there is a problem receiving odd sized packets. My solution was quite simple (I wrote the transfer program for the DS): use even sized packets, adding some padding to the end (at that point having the first two bytes of the packet to indicate the size of the actual data in the packet).

This worked out fine to me. I instead have problems when sending packets from the DS to the server: after a while the DS will simply stop sending them (on both my program and Sgstair's).

Does anybody has the same problem or is it particular to my configuration?

I talk about sending packets for 2/3 minutes, not a few seconds.

Bafio

• 2 weeks later...

Bit the bullet and applied the Australian firmware..... Why do people always make things sound harder than they are? It's just a normal firmware update but the router's IP changes to 10.1.1.1 after the update... big deal!

It's all working fine now. Including the wifi lib test app :)

It was this email from Dlink that made me go ahead with the Aus firmware:

I'm sorry there are no plans of releasing a Nintendo DS compatible firmware in the UK.

Using another country's firmware will indeed void the warranty.

For returns or replacements contact your reseller

I was going to take it back and exchange for a router that works but got lazy.

Edited by LargePig