The Official Samurai Shodown V Special Thread!

James

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the dumps will change anything. The difference is all in the BIOS.

The bios is something that is in the hardware (Neo-Geo AES unit) and for the most part, does not change unless a user modifies their system. Same goes for actual MVS arcade unit - the bios is a physical chip on the motherboard which needs to be replaced.

In order for SNKP to tinker with the game so that the AES version is censored, they had to have messed with the program code. (which they did). The MVS version (the original and untouched version) has all the original code where the violence level is not tampered with, etc as well with a slight difference in the introduction sequence (from what I understand).

People with AES systems and HOme carts of this game are blessed to have someone like RAZ on their side since he was able to circumvent SNKP's censorship with his unibios2.0(which for Home system owners, is the equavalent of a MODCHIP). As some have mentioned; however, there are few little annoyances with using the codes.

For those interested in a perfect rom image that would not need a special bios to run flawless, the MVS dump would be it. Thats all im saying.

Im quite happy with the rom As-Is. Only thing is that FBAXXX isnt the best in emulating a rom's sound (has nothing to do with the rom though).

The Bios is not on the cart The program rom has the support for whatever bios is in the MVS or AES unit.

Only the Jamma PCB version has the bios on the same board as the roms.

Edited by James

Dont forget that this dump is the AES dump. There is still the MVS dump to hope for as it would be the ideal dump of this title (no need for fatality fixes, etc).

I don't think the dumps will change anything. The difference is all in the BIOS.

Yes it will.

No sound bugs, because its unique to the AES version.

Also no need to fix Zetsumei Ougi, cuz AES version was censored of it.

my original m1 was 18114FB1. Guess I got a completely different one, but they work all the same.... funny. James' m1 patch doesn't work on mine though. Sound is still screwed.