World's Largest Hamburger!

Alpha

Here are some pics of the world's largest hamburger...

454841l.jpg (looks like Adam Sandler :P)

454841r.jpg

THE UNBEATABLE BURGER

Feeling hungry? Feeling really hungry? Then how about ordering one of these gut-busting NINE pound burgers!

This whopper of a snack doesn't just contain enough meat to feed a football team, it also comes fully-loaded with all the 'fixins'; namely a half-head of lettuce, two whole tomatoes, 12 slices of cheese, two entire onions, a full cup of peppers, plus a 'river' of mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard.

For the price of $23.95, brave - or foolish - visitors to Denny's pub in Clearfield, Pennsylvannia, can take up the challenge that has beaten the appetites of many a hopeful before.

Bar owner Denny Liegy said he first put the burger - which contains 6 pounds of meat - on the menu in 1998. Since then, he has received about one request a month for Ye Olde 96er, so-called because it weighs 96 ounces - but no-one has managed to finish it yet.

But since a recent TV show featured a burger-eating competition at the bar, more and more people have been showing up to test the stamina of their stomachs.

Chris Cummings, a student from North Carolina, had driven nine hours with his two buddies to take the ultimate taste test.

After finally giving up the challenge over an hour later, Chris and his pals left the pub defeated by the mammoth meat feast.

Denny has even had people from all over the world visit him to try and beat the burger; including tourists from England, Germany and Australia.

Of course, not one of these international wannabes has succeeded and like everyone else they leave with a full doggie-bag.

Amazingly, the pub's all-time burger-chomping champ came in the slim form of 90-pound Lori Weiss. Lori came close to eating one tenth of her own bodyweight, but unfortunately the hard-eating lady couldn't find room for the bottom of the bun.

It seems that Denny's mighty burger can not only make a meal of any rival Big Mac or Whopper, but seems destined to remain the unconquerable challenge on any big-eater's menu.

»» Click Here to View More Pictures!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! But sadly it ain't big enough for me to really go wow. I'd wolf that down no problem. 2 Classic Triple burgers (including 2 orders of Biggie fries and a biggie drink) are no match for me.

Make one that I couldn't even get my hands around, then gimme a call.

hehe, I myself have hard time to finishing huge burgers from Carl's Jr. I could finish any size burger, but I just couldn't take that big of a bite, I could finish the thing alright :P