Man Hunt

Man Hunt's an adventure game?

What else can you lable it as?

a piece of crap. :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completed the game, and I enjoyed it alot. The dark atmosphere the game creates is one of the most powerful I have ever seen/felt in a game, and the combination of hiding in the shadows and waiting...waiting...waiting for that perfect moment to execute an oblivious enemy always keeps you on the edge. And when you reach the gunfights, they are immensely enjoyable!

I think many people write this game off because they see the excessive violence and nothing else.

Play it late at night, with all the lights off and the volume way up, and its an experience that is quite memorable. And play it on Hardcore, not on Fetish - the radar on Fetish spoils the whole tension/anticipation element of the game.

And the dialogue in the game is some of the best ever. Too bad all voice acting can't be as high quality as this. The guy who plays Starkweather is fantastic, and I particularly loved the speech of some of the Smileys, who are all insane. You'll meet one Smiley who insists that you "stole his shoes," while you'll meet another Smiley who will shout out, "I can see him, he is loosing all of his pedals."

Edited by Chaotica

I completed the game, and I enjoyed it alot. The dark atmosphere the game creates is one of the most powerful I have ever seen/felt in a game, and the combination of hiding in the shadows and waiting...waiting...waiting for that perfect moment to execute an oblivious enemy always keeps you on the edge. And when you reach the gunfights, they are immensely enjoyable!

I think many people write this game off because they see the excessive violence and nothing else.

Play it late at night, with all the lights off and the volume way up, and its an experience that is quite memorable. And play it on Hardcore, not on Fetish - the radar on Fetish spoils the whole tension/anticipation element of the game.

And the dialogue in the game is some of the best ever. Too bad all voice acting can't be as high quality as this. The guy who plays Starkweather is fantastic, and I particularly loved the speech of some of the Smileys, who are all insane. You'll meet one Smiley who insists that you "stole his shoes," while you'll meet another Smiley who will shout out, "I can see him, he is loosing all of his pedals."

Glad ya liked it but theres are some disturbing scenes that turn away the younger audience if they knew about it....like 666ghost. I spoiled the last boss for him :P

Do not spoil it or pm the ppl if they want to know.

The game revolves around a convict being placed into the starring role in a Snuff film.

It can be pretty sick, especially if you hold down the attack button when sneaking up on an enemy till it goes yellow, and then red. You can play T-ball with an enemies head using the bat if you get it to red. :P

I beat it, over a month ago. Yes, it's pretty twisted, but it's just a game! And you understand it more once you've beaten it.

dude this is the game that that one kid in europe was supposedly obsessed with and killed his friend because of it. smashed his best friend in with a hammer so they pulled this game off the shelves in the uk. now his parents are sueing rockstar and sony over the crap for 20 million, flockin bunch of jabronis

dude this is the game that that one kid in europe was supposedly obsessed with and killed his friend because of it. smashed his best friend in with a hammer so they pulled this game off the shelves in the uk. now his parents are sueing rockstar and sony over the crap for 20 million, flockin bunch of jabronis

The police haven't found any evidence to suggest that. The copy of Manhunt was in the possession of the victim, not the killer, and apparently the victim owed the killer drugs, or money for drugs, which is probaby the cause of the murder, not ManHunt.

The local right wing papers had a field day, making all sorts of accusations of Rockstar and the game, when the police were constantly stating that they had found no evidence to suggest the game incited the killing.

What was interesting was that, before these unfortunate events, the game wasn't selling well. Now it is flying off the shelves. The stores who still sell it can't keep up with demand.

If you want a dark adventure game play Silent Hill, or Clock Tower, or even Resident Evil.  Not THIS.

Hahahahah... I would play those games too instead of ManHunt. :P

btw, nice going with the edit. :unsure: