What got ya into Computers?

Diso

What got me was really the games. The first game I played on here was actually bubble bobble and it brought me into the computer world. I had to work DOS when I was like 5-ish or something like that. But I learned pretty well. It was kinda annoying doing commands like dir/w and s: a lot...Oh wait you guys dont know the cool s command.

Oh well..How bout you guys

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best friend got one in the early stages of PC hood. We played Doom 1 and 2. We beat the game when we were 6. I still have nightmares :P

My Dad is an engineer so we had a computer for as long as I remember so that's how I got my start. I got into PC games with the old Apogee side scrollers like Commander Keen, Secret Agent, and Duke Nukem 1. I got all my games from one of my parent's friend's son who was considerably older than I was. So whenever he came over he'd bring the latest games and whenever I went I brought floppies (5 1/4" bitches!) to copy them. Then as time went by I got more and more games and I became a PC gaming nut. I was never much of a console gamer because of that. I'd rather play Wolfenstein 3D than anything on the NES. Luckily my Dad needed the powerful computers to do his work so I got a bonus there and was able to play the latest stuff.

So yeah...I've always used computers.

If you count them as "computers," then what got me into them was my dad's Commodore 64. As soon as I was old enough to remember ",8,1" I was using it more than I probably should have. I got games mostly from his friends (on 5 1/4", of course) who'd bring them over for me (and him). After that, he sort of fell out of the whole computer thing and I got a NES, and it was a dark time indeed. Ok, maybe not. My NES rocked! :P

As soon as I was old enough to be trusted with it, I resurrected my dad's C64, and it wasn't too long after that that my grandpa got a 486 (which was some hot $--- at the time) and I was introduced to DOS. For some reason, my friend (who had no computer) knew a couple of commands and I took it from there. My first PC games were probably Lemmings, Sim City, and Wolf 3D. Not long after, Doom and X-Wing locked me in for good.

It was the games for me too. I was long into electronic gaming type stuff, and I went all drooling at my friends' Atari, C64, NES, Sega Master System and so on. And at the arcades.

I had to wait awhile, but finally my parents got me an Amiga 500 when I was 10 or so. Oh the memories! Oh the games! I didn't do too much production wise with it, but I started mucking up with graphics and stuff when I moved on to a PC a few years later. Still like the games too!

im still using my first and only PC that i bought back at the end of 98, and thats what got me into it: tweaking, games, musics, hooplas, etc. i have little familiarity with DOS from a long time though (about grade 6) but any PC terminologies irks me badly back then (like a vampire touching a shade of sunlight :P )

When I was really young my dad used to work for the now-defunct hardware company Wang. Because of that we had a computer (well...a wang at least) for as long back as I can remember. I used to play with it for hours - I don't even remember if there are any games on it, it had a 2 colour, green and black screen, and yet I used to play with it for hours on end. A little after that I got my very own Amiga 500, and from there I got into amiga basic, and of course playing games. I think we would have had a dos computer in between then, because I was very familiar with DOS commands before windows 3.1 came out.