Jackie Chan Thread!

Rag

This guy has to be the coolest movie guy ever! I've liked all of his movies, so since we all seem to like his SHINANAGANS so much, wondering what you think his worst movie ever was?... Sadly I think its City Hunter... my god that movie... ahh I can't even discuss it... why did I download it...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How true, I haven't seen the medallion... I dunno, City Hunter was pretty bad... like how everytime they had his name instead it was *high pitched woman* CITY HUNTER!!!!

yeah his hong kong stuff are really entertaining. aside from rush hour, his other hollywood films are too commercialized and they suck. they pushed it too far. its like, too much of a good thing u kno what i mean. anyways...i love rush hour, im such a fanboy of those movies. anythin other than that, blehhhh

Jet Li >>> Jackie

Only thing is Jet Li cannot be funny.

I really like his Cradle 2 the Grave :angry:

Cradle 2 the Grave was pretty cool, but Jackie is the best. I'd have to say though, Bruce Lee was the best overall. Jackie Chan is the funniest, and my favorite, but Bruce had his way with things. I love the way he screams whenever he attacks... I'm gonna do that if I even become a martial artist :angry: I just saw some documentary on him with some footage of The Game of Death that he made but was found like 6 years after his death, the man is a legend, I'm sure Jackie is too

I find his stunts funny, but his style of fighting can't comprehend his role of a fighter, No doubt he is the master of stunts, but he is always on a roll to make you laugh.

I find his stunts funny, but his style of fighting can't comprehend his role of a fighter, No doubt he is the master of stunts, but he is always on a roll to make you laugh.

i love his bloopers during the credits. that is so jacky chan man..

heh, his health and life insurance must be deeply high, for a guy like him. Seems like there is always paramedic during the credits of his failed stunts.

I prefer Jackie Chan's movies to Bruce Lee movies. One reason is that they are so much more believable - although Jackie was likely to fight the same amount of guys as Bruce, Jackie would be running away, and he'd actually get hit occasionally - unlike Bruce Lee, who'd just stand there and take out 50 people at a time (a good example of this is Enter the Dragon - it's REDICULOUS how many people Bruce fights at a time in the scene inside the compound!

Also, Jackie uses props and stuff, usually to an impressive effect! That said, of course his HK movies were 100 times better than his Hollywood movies (although Rumble in the Bronx was pretty good) - Hollywood has a trend of spotting franchises they see as popular, greedily wanting a piece, and screwing up the product in the process. Of course, another reason is Jackie's getting quite old now - at his age, he's unable to jump out a 3rd story window, etc etc etc!!