Teenager Arrested While Videotaping Spiderman

Alpha

LOS ANGELES -- A movie theater projectionist who used night vision goggles to spot a teenager illegally taping "Spider-Man 2" could receive up to US$ 500 for his surveillance work, which led to the teen"s arrest.

"In theaters nationwide, there are now thousands of eyes looking for camcording-pirates and this incident proves that pirates who use these devices in theaters will be caught," said James W. Spertus, vice president and director of antipiracy operations for the Motion Picture Association of America.

The 16-year-old could be charged under a law that went into effect Jan. 1 and makes taking a recording device into a movie theater a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and a maximum fine of $ 2,500.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's office will review the case and decide whether to charge the teen, who was released to his parents' custody, said Sgt. Mel Amoroso, a spokesman at the Los Angeles Police Department's Devonshire Division.

I got to admit, if I was that kid, I'd start running out of the theater as fast as I could.

I guess he was to stunned by the projectionist. :mellow:

Wow, I'd Run Too. And Thats Why I Rather Do The Downloading Rather Than The Recording Itself. And Seriously Recording It, Probally The Day It Came Out, What An Idiot!

see, thats what happens when you don't use the eyepiece ;)

he deserves what he got none the less

Thats Right! Use The Eyepiece, I Personally Like The Eyepiece And Don't Really Like The LCD Screen, Mostly Cuz Of How Much Batteries It Uses.

I Might See It In The Theaters.

all I know is that the first Spiderman movie actually deserved to be taped and sold in the streets ;)

Really?! It Couldn't Have Been That Bad To You.

all I know is that the first Spiderman movie actually deserved to be taped and sold in the streets ;)

It was medicore to me ;)

I saw it a bit past the half way mark, and I just said "fuuck this" ;)