Capcom Fighting Jam = Pointless

Yeah K'Dash, Arika may have made EX, but Capcom could have, or easily acquire the rights. Slam Masters and JoJo's however, are definately off limits, so I didn't put them in.

And saying that Chun Li and Yun are in it because they are connected is just wrong and grasping at straws. There is no way chun-li should be represented in the SF3 line up. Especially seeing as Alex is or was the new main character in the series (even above Ryu and Ken). SF3 rightly went out of its way to disregard all previous characters from SF1 and 2 as far as possible. So, you are saying a character only making an appearance in 3rd strike and being one of the most popular characters from SF2 sums up SF3? And including Yun, SF3 sprite or not, is also crazy. He is by no means a fan favourite. I and others do like playing as him, but this game is supposed to be a "best of". And Yun does not sum up SF3 enough at all as he is almost a CvS character now (and Alpha 3 upper). Alex (lead character) and Ibuki (the NEW chun-li for that series) or else. :lol:

And also, I can't remember who said it, but I was never expecting it to be good. I'm not disappointed, just fed up with the laziness of Capcom lately.

ALSO - "It can't be Rook because he is in the Background". I'm saying what the perfect line-up should or could have been. Not what it might be changed to. Bringing this point up is absurd. and an excuse to try and show off you've been staring at IGN screenshots for too long.

ONE FINAL POINT - The guy who said you can't judge it until you've played it is ridiculous. Not only can you tell it will play almost identical to CvS (which was absolutely terrible, sporting Capcom's worst fighting engine), but I judge games regularly before playing and am almost always right. If you knew as much about games as I do, you could too. Would you keep an open mind upon seeing Soldier of Fortune 3 or a new Army Men game?

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And also, I can't remember who said it, but I was never expecting it to be good. I'm not disappointed, just fed up with the laziness of Capcom lately.
After 3 (4?) years of absence from making new fighters this is lazy?

Now on your behalf I too would think that after all these years they could pull a little something more original out but in a dying age of 2d fighters (especially capcom ones) I take them as I can get them. =P

Yeah K'Dash, Arika may have made EX, but Capcom could have, or easily acquire the rights. Slam Masters and JoJo's however, are definately off limits, so I didn't put them in.

THat would contridict copyright laws now since some of the EX fighters are in another game called Fighting Layer.

It's been offically stated that Capcom cannot acquire the rights because it would be copyright infrigment since Akira was the one who made the characters, not Capcom. Capcom only published the game. They didn't have anything to do with the development of the game. Slam Masters on the other hand IS a Capcom in house developed game. It was developed in house.

Akira and Capcom's relationship is the exact same as ADK to SNK is. Thats why we've never seen any World Hero characters in KOF.

Slam Master's characters are designed by the critically acclaimed comic artist Tetsuo Hara (Fist of the North Star), so that's why they cannot be used in a subsequent Capcom game.

Why else do you think they have never been seen in any other Capcom game (either playable, in the background or even mentioned)?

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

guess i'm going to have to play with ryu now  :lol:  (usually Ken) - alltho i'm more into neo geo over the last years.

Then play SNK Vs. Capcom: Chaos. You'll get your Neo-Geo, Capcom and SNK fix in one package. :D

Hey K'Dash, you say that the relationship betwen Arika and Capcom is the same as the one between SNK and ADK? It's nowhere near that simple.

Nishitani and Arika are allowed to use the Street Fighter name, Ryu, Ken, Zangief and all those and even use characters created way after Nishitani's departure (Sakura).

If it was exactly the same relationship, then ADK could use Kyo, Shingo and Seth but SNK wouldn't be allowed to use Hanzo, Fuuma and Sheen. Neither of us understand what the trademark extends to, and you are arguing over a technicality. The fact remains that Fighting Jam's concept is pointless without using more of Capcom's existing franchises represented. It's just a load of Street Fighter with some Vampire and Red Earth thrown in. If the line up doesn't improve drastically, this idea is going to be one of the worst Capcom Vs games ever. and that's saying a lot after the appalling SVC and CvS.

This is like an argument I saw on the RO fourms about someone making a map for another Mod, and he easily converted it to Red Orchestra. He said since he made it, it's his. While the NDA stated that it was for TTR. Since it was for TTR (The Third Reich, UT2k4 mod). The leader and owner of the TTR has stated any work hes done for the modification is copyrighted to the TTR team. Publishment and Development is completely different.

Akira, who had premission from Capcom to use Street Fighter characthers. Developed Street Fighter EX, they added(as in Akira, not Capcom. Useally Capcom is very strict when it comes to games using their characters) several exclusive characters, which were all made by Akira. Brings me to another point, those characters are under Akira's contract agreement, not Capcom's.

ADK was pretty much a first party dev to Neo-Geo and SNK. SNK has no right to use their characters, and vice-versa. SNK Published the game, they did not developed it. When you bring developers and publishers into mind who actually owns the game. Akira owns the exclusive characters and Capcom owns everything else.

This is like an argument I saw on the RO fourms about someone making a map for another Mod, and he easily converted it to Red Orchestra. He said since he made it, it's his. While the NDA stated that it was for TTR. Since it was for TTR (The Third Reich, UT2k4 mod). The leader and owner of the TTR has stated any work hes done for the modification is copyrighted to the TTR team. Publishment and Development is completely different.

Akira, who had premission from Capcom to use Street Fighter characthers. Developed Street Fighter EX, they added(as in Akira, not Capcom. Useally Capcom is very strict when it comes to games using their characters) several exclusive characters, which were all made by Akira. Brings me to another point, those characters are under Akira's contract agreement, not Capcom's.

ADK was pretty much a first party dev to Neo-Geo and SNK. SNK has no right to use their characters, and vice-versa. SNK Published the game, they did not developed it. When you bring developers and publishers into mind who actually owns the game. Akira owns the exclusive characters and Capcom owns everything else.

I have come to the conclusion that none of this arguement matters. We can all agree that Capcom is not using their database of characters properly.