Capcom Fighting Jam = Pointless

Who else thinks the character line up completely sucks. This game is the pinacle of Capcom not understanding their own back catalogue.

This would be the perfect line up (keeping in mind that it’s supposed to be 2 definitive characters from their entire library of fighting games)

SF1 – Ryu and Gen

SF2 – Chun-Li and Vega (M.Bison)

SF3 – Alex (the new main character) and Ibuki

Warzard – Leo and Tessa

SFA – Rose and Nash (Guile replacement)

Vampire – Demitri and Jedah

Rival Schools – Batsu and Natsu

Star Gladiator – Hayato and June

SFEX – Skullomania and C.Jack

All-Stars – D.D. and Haggar (Zangief replacement as he is essential and people have been waiting for Haggar since SFA2)

Cyberbots – Jin and Bao & Mao

Power Stone - Fokker and Wang Tang

Their entire concept doesn’t work. A random selection of street fighter’s and 4 characters from 2 other games – I am the biggest fan of Capcom ever, and I will NEVER buy this game. If it featured the character line-up I listed, there would be enough incentive for me to buy it as it shows things I haven’t seen before. But Capcom are damn good at selling me things I’m already sick of.

This is the actual line-up from the Capcom 'geniuses'

SF2 – Ryu and Guile

SF3 – Chun-Li (Definitive SF2 character) and Yun (already seen in CvsS2 and that’s only why he’s in this, ridiculous)

Warzard – Leo and Hauzer

SFA – Sakura and Guy

Vampire – Demitri and Felicia

Secret Character – Ingrid (crazy)

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a plan for 20 characters, so far we 11. Don't judge it yet. Thats my job liek what I did with Neowave.

Capcom has a way of making sprites fit in a game since 1995.

Edit; Characters from other Capcom published games aren't to be allowed to be used since they are not original Capcom characters (All SFEX exclusive characters are copyrighted to Akira).

Edited by K`dash

It's Capcom, so I didn't expect much of it. They really need to make a completely new 2D fighter and not recycling the various characters from previous titles.

Edited by Agozer

Yeah, this game isn't going to be all that. Kind of like how KOF Neowave won't be all that much either. I guess both companies have just given up. A real Capcom All Stars game would have a hell of a lot more characters than it does now. I mean...just get the MvC2 select screen, remove all the Marvel characters and fill it with as many Capcom characters as possible. Balance be damned! :lol:

Edited by GryphonKlaw

SF2 – Ryu and Guile

SF3 – Chun-Li (Definitive SF2 character) and Yun (already seen in CvsS2 and that’s only why he’s in this, ridiculous)

Warzard – Leo and Hauzer

SFA – Sakura and Guy

Vampire – Demitri and Felicia

Secret Character – Ingrid (crazy)

Yun(duh, thats where hes from) and Chun-Li represent SF3 as you know. The most notably why they were chosen was because they're connection with each other (both know Gen, in turn both have somewhat learned something from him. Also Gen knows both Chun-Li's and Yun & Yang's father. Another reason why) and their intro together in CVS2 also hints why they were both chosen.

Ingrid isn't a hidden character. She repersents the now canned CFAS. Rook can't be in the game since hes in 1 of the backgrounds. So it's possibly D.D. or that other CFAS only character will be with her to repersent.

Also something, Yun and Chun-Li aren't in their CVS2 sprite form. Their sprites are some SF3. Guile and Ryu's is from CVS2.

They should use Yang instead because his hair is cooler. Yun gets all the attention... I bet Yang is jealous.

Indeed your right. Their SF3 ending prooves it.

Yun just wants to get away, Yang want's Yun's girlfriend, blah blah blah, complicated as hell.

If anyone cares, just read this canon guide.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

(copy+paste into add bar)

And I still think thats Yang in that background with Ibuki, Honda, Dan, Makato and Maki.

Edited by K`dash

They should use Yang instead because his hair is cooler. Yun gets all the attention... I bet Yang is jealous.

I'd like to see a Sakura Super where her schoolmates would assist her, just like Kyosuke's MAX Super in CvS2.