A Political Cartoon...my Reaction To Recent Events

...I forgot to mention: I don't like Bush very much, but does that give me permission to raise an army and invade the US to depose him? Of course not; so what right does Bush have to invade whichever countries he pleases, depose its leader, and set up a US friendly government?

Also, the Bush administration has come out stating 'we will leave Iraq if its new Government asks us to' - very generous of them, except they are going to install a Government that doesn't ask them to leave. They're in their for the long haul - the US plans to set up FOURTEEN military bases in the Iraq area. This war is not over, and it isn't going to end for a long time.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder where was the U.N. when Stalin did his genocide (which is a higher count then Hitler's). Side note, lay off the hallucanagens G.

Well his genocide was basically all through with by the time the UN got big enough to do anything. I was referring more to Pol Pot and the Rwanda genocide.

Yeah, the Iraq occupation isn't planning on ending for atleast 10 to 15 years.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

I wonder where was the U.N. when Stalin did his genocide (which is a higher count then Hitler's). Side note, lay off the hallucanagens G.

Well his genocide was basically all through with by the time the UN got big enough to do anything. I was referring more to Pol Pot and the Rwanda genocide.

Ah I see.

Well for historical reference. Stalin's genocide was much higher then Hitler's. Stalin's secert police is mostly to blame.

Ah I see.

Well for historical reference. Stalin's genocide was much higher then Hitler's. Stalin's secert police is mostly to blame.

And Stalin's failed agriculture plan. Forgot the name of it but he made all the farmers move onto government farms and they were given crap amount of crappy land to farm on. That caused atleast 10 million deaths due to starvation.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Ah I see.

And Stalin's failed agriculture plan. Forgot the name of it but he made all the farmers move onto government farms and they were given crap amount of crappy land to farm on. That caused atleast 10 million deaths due to starvation.

Yea, but Rwanda was MUCH more of a tragedy. The Blue Helmet's (the U.N.) actions were "Ok. It will fix itself SOMEtime or another... Let's just wait and see..." Disgusting.

Anon.

COINTELPRO

^A little essay I wrote on a part of the U.S. government. It makes me feel all warm inside with vomit when I read up on COINTELPRO and U.S.A. Patriot Act.  :blink:

Anon.

Nice essay :) This was my favourite sentence:

All these attacks were to protect the welfare of the American people, even though the Black Panther Party tried to instill individualism and triumph in the urban communities, the Communist Party taught that if all men worked equally, all would prosper, and the American Indian Movement wanted to get its basic freedoms back

Wow, you people still go on about a simple post where random_guy just expressed his views...

On second thought, this has turned into a random_guy vs. Cominus thing.

Edited by Agozer

Ah I see.

Yea, but Rwanda was MUCH more of a tragedy. The Blue Helmet's (the U.N.) actions were "Ok. It will fix itself SOMEtime or another... Let's just wait and see..." Disgusting.

Anon.

And the US government was like "Uh...Rwanda...we have no interests there." That's why Clinton politically had to go into Serbia to remove Slobodan Milosivic so people won't say "He let genocide happen again."

Wow, you people still go on about a simple post where random_guy just expressed his views...

On second thought, this has turned into a random_guy vs. Cominus thing.

Why is everybody always spaming me? Leave me alone! You guys are making my post coutn go up! ;)

Regarding Canada being a safe country or not, what about the apparent tensions and conflict between French speakers and English speakers? I heard people are in conflict over the issue of these two languages, more so than race in Canada. Either way, it's still very silly -- if not more. Confirmations K'dash?