A Political Cartoon...my Reaction To Recent Events

After reading all the views and comments......here is my 2 cents.

I'm Malaysian. So guess what? US put us on a list of dangerous countries with terrorist connections.

Dun come to Malaysia. U get killed there (or the latest trend : u get beheaded there)

Totally bullshit.

Pls provide us the proof before accussing us.

What the hell? See, that just proves my point: the only connection I can fathom between Malaysia and bin Laden/al Qaeda is the Muslim connection. Well, that's just a disguistingly shameful example of stereotyping - Bush is basically calling Malaysia a terrorist hotspot only because the predominant religion is Islam!

Isn't there some major terrorist organization in Malaysia or is that just in Indonesia? I remember that bombing that killed a whole bunch of Australians but I can't remember if it was Indonesia or Malaysia. Which one is it? I hope one you of knows...

But South East Asia is apparantly becoming a hot spot for terrorism. The 9/11 attacks were originally meant to be a world wide attack including those two towers in Malaysia.

It was in Bali. And explain to me how SE Asia is becoming a 'hotspot for terrorism'. Your original explaination doesn't make any sense - if Malaysia was going to be attacked in a terrorism attack, that doesn't make them terrorists, that makes them targets. The US did get attacked, does that make them a 'hotspot for terrorism'?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Malaysian. So guess what? US put us on a list of dangerous countries with terrorist connections.

Dun come to Malaysia. U get killed there (or the latest trend : u get beheaded there)

Totally bullshit.

What the hell? See, that just proves my point: the only connection I can fathom between Malaysia and bin Laden/al Qaeda is the Muslim connection. Well, that's just a disguistingly shameful example of stereotyping - Bush is basically calling Malaysia a terrorist hotspot only because the predominant religion is Islam!

Isn't there some major terrorist organization in Malaysia or is that just in Indonesia? I remember that bombing that killed a whole bunch of Australians but I can't remember if it was Indonesia or Malaysia. Which one is it? I hope one you of knows...

But South East Asia is apparantly becoming a hot spot for terrorism. The 9/11 attacks were originally meant to be a world wide attack including those two towers in Malaysia.

It was in Bali. And explain to me how SE Asia is becoming a 'hotspot for terrorism'. Your original explaination doesn't make any sense - if Malaysia was going to be attacked in a terrorism attack, that doesn't make them terrorists, that makes them targets. The US did get attacked, does that make them a 'hotspot for terrorism'?

No no, I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying what I've seen on the happy unbiased news.

And they were going to use some Malaysian sect of al Qaeda as far as I know. And so what if they're Malaysian, they'll still attack their own country because they're terrorists.

You know...sometimes you just get really defensive that it gets extremely funny. This world doesn't revolve around peace. It never has and it never will. There will always be war. There will always be one side that wants to dominate another side. To even think that peace has a chance is just really funny.

Totally bullshit.

No no, I'm not saying it is. I'm just saying what I've seen on the happy unbiased news.

And they were going to use some Malaysian sect of al Qaeda as far as I know. And so what if they're Malaysian, they'll still attack their own country because they're terrorists.

You know...sometimes you just get really defensive that it gets extremely funny. This world doesn't revolve around peace. It never has and it never will. There will always be war. There will always be one side that wants to dominate another side. To even think that peace has a chance is just really funny.

I don't get defensive, I get mad! I don't get mad AT anybody (seriously guys, anything I say, don't take it personal. It may seem like I'm attack your beliefs your values, and your opinions, but I'm not I'm just presenting my opinions on those views), but this war can never be justified! There are no two sides to the story - on the one hand, there was an evil, megalomaniacal dictator hell-bent on world domination, and on the other there was Saddam Hussein (:lol: I kill me!).

Yes, Hussein was a pretty nasty chap, but the Iraqis have it alot worse now than they did previously (I suppose there IS some degree of equality - they're all getting tortured equally under coalition rule), there is no justification for this war - lets look at things, number one there were supposed to be WMDs - none were found (and yes I know they found a tiny little cylinder full of sarin gas from before the Gulf War, big deal), and even if there were weapons, Iraq was perfectly hapy to let UN weapons inspectors in, but no that wasn't enough for Bush... this new justification is 'Saddam was a bad man, the Iraqis are suffernig'. Well, guess what, now they're suffering worse. Aaargh, can't you see why I get mad when people try to defend this war? There is no defence, the reason was this war would economically advantage bush and his enron pals...and as a result tens of thousands of people have died. To put it another way, I feel so strongly I can see the perspective of the monk who imolated himself as protest of the Iraq war - although I don't think I'll be doing it myself any time soon, I kind of like my skin being unburnt!

I don't get defensive, I get mad! I don't get mad AT anybody (seriously guys, anything I say, don't take it personal. It may seem like I'm attack your beliefs your values, and your opinions, but I'm not I'm just presenting my opinions on those views), but this war can never be justified! There are no two sides to the story - on the one hand, there was an evil, megalomaniacal dictator hell-bent on world domination, and on the other there was Saddam Hussein ( I kill me!).

Yes, Hussein was a pretty nasty chap, but the Iraqis have it alot worse now than they did previously (I suppose there IS some degree of equality - they're all getting tortured equally under coalition rule), there is no justification for this war - lets look at things, number one there were supposed to be WMDs - none were found (and yes I know they found a tiny little cylinder full of sarin gas from before the Gulf War, big deal), and even if there were weapons, Iraq was perfectly hapy to let UN weapons inspectors in, but no that wasn't enough for Bush... this new justification is 'Saddam was a bad man, the Iraqis are suffernig'. Well, guess what, now they're suffering worse. Aaargh, can't you see why I get mad when people try to defend this war? There is no defence, the reason was this war would economically advantage bush and his enron pals...and as a result tens of thousands of people have died. To put it another way, I feel so strongly I can see the perspective of the monk who imolated himself as protest of the Iraq war - although I don't think I'll be doing it myself any time soon, I kind of like my skin being unburnt!

Good point, random , thank you for helping defending my country, Malaysia.

IMO, Malaysia will never be a terrorist haven is only due to 2 factors:

1. Malaysia is a multi-racial, multi religion country.(just like America) :P

2. Although Islam is the major religion in Malaysia, it is in a very liberal form.

They do not practise extreme teaching of Islam here.

3. Our countrymen are really a bunch of cowards :lol: Including me. :lol:

So it really boggles my mind if they really do something like bombing cars

or chopping heads :(

I don't get defensive, I get mad! I don't get mad AT anybody (seriously guys, anything I say, don't take it personal. It may seem like I'm attack your beliefs your values, and your opinions, but I'm not I'm just presenting my opinions on those views), but this war can never be justified! There are no two sides to the story - on the one hand, there was an evil, megalomaniacal dictator hell-bent on world domination, and on the other there was Saddam Hussein ( I kill me!).

Good point, random , thank you for helping defending my country, Malaysia.

IMO, Malaysia will never be a terrorist haven is only due to 2 factors:

1. Malaysia is a multi-racial, multi religion country.(just like America) :(

2. Although Islam is the major religion in Malaysia, it is in a very liberal form.

They do not practise extreme teaching of Islam here.

3. Our countrymen are really a bunch of cowards :P Including me. :D

So it really boggles my mind if they really do something like bombing cars

or chopping heads :D

1. Your cool, not America Cool, but your cooler then America

2. Attacks based on someone's religion is lame. It's just the easy way of saying it. So I'm glad they don't teach the extremes.

3. Good to know B)

KEEP AWAY FROM MY HEAD!

@emsley: Your double post makes Jesus cry.

Yes good point.

Don't you dare hijack this thread or my faggot-busting bad dude will come and take you to school.

Back on topic...

What was that wgroup that captured some tourist and held then captive in a jungle. I remember this incident because there were two finnish hostages....happened roughly two years ago or so.

Edited by Agozer

Totally bullshit.

I don't get defensive, I get mad! I don't get mad AT anybody (seriously guys, anything I say, don't take it personal. It may seem like I'm attack your beliefs your values, and your opinions, but I'm not I'm just presenting my opinions on those views), but this war can never be justified! There are no two sides to the story - on the one hand, there was an evil, megalomaniacal dictator hell-bent on world domination, and on the other there was Saddam Hussein (B) I kill me!).

Yeah, but the thing is that Bush stupidly got the US and other nations in this mess and pretty much flocked over Iraq. But it is still this coalition's responsibility to set things right. They made the mistake and they must fix it. Sure we don't have to agree with the war and think its completely pointless (I don't agree with the war and think its completely pointless) but that does not excuse any country from backing out of its obligation. I think Bush should come out and say "Ok guys, I flocked up. We shouldn't have gone to war with Iraq but now we cannot quit and must stay the course because it is the decent thing to do. Creating a stable government for the Iraqis is the responsibility of not just America but for the entire world so I have decided to make the UN an integral part of the rebuilding, government creating, and security operations. I apologize to the families of lost soldiers in Iraq, but I would also like to apologize to the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed, livihoods destroyed, and humiliated. And because of this, I have decided to commit seppuku by shoving a folded frisbee in my mouth during this live press conference. Haha just kidding *annoying smug smirk*, let's roll."

No country can just pick up and leave now, that country is far to unstable. And I can't believe that the US is still gunning for the June 30th handover...what a bunch of arrogant stubborn bastards.

Bush was wrong to go to war with Iraq but now that we're there we can't just quit. That's all I'm saying.

And L.S.D, I wasn't attacking your country, its people or its policy. I was just stating what I saw on this PBS special on terrorism. :P

Totally bullshit.

I don't get defensive, I get mad! I don't get mad AT anybody (seriously guys, anything I say, don't take it personal. It may seem like I'm attack your beliefs your values, and your opinions, but I'm not I'm just presenting my opinions on those views), but this war can never be justified! There are no two sides to the story - on the one hand, there was an evil, megalomaniacal dictator hell-bent on world domination, and on the other there was Saddam Hussein (:( I kill me!).

Yeah, but the thing is that Bush stupidly got the US and other nations in this mess and pretty much flocked over Iraq. But it is still this coalition's responsibility to set things right. They made the mistake and they must fix it. Sure we don't have to agree with the war and think its completely pointless (I don't agree with the war and think its completely pointless) but that does not excuse any country from backing out of its obligation. I think Bush should come out and say "Ok guys, I flocked up. We shouldn't have gone to war with Iraq but now we cannot quit and must stay the course because it is the decent thing to do. Creating a stable government for the Iraqis is the responsibility of not just America but for the entire world so I have decided to make the UN an integral part of the rebuilding, government creating, and security operations. I apologize to the families of lost soldiers in Iraq, but I would also like to apologize to the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed, livihoods destroyed, and humiliated. And because of this, I have decided to commit seppuku by shoving a folded frisbee in my mouth during this live press conference. Haha just kidding *annoying smug smirk*, let's roll."

No country can just pick up and leave now, that country is far to unstable. And I can't believe that the US is still gunning for the June 30th handover...what a bunch of arrogant stubborn bastards.

Bush was wrong to go to war with Iraq but now that we're there we can't just quit. That's all I'm saying.

And L.S.D, I wasn't attacking your country, its people or its policy. I was just stating what I saw on this PBS special on terrorism. <_<

Good point, but on the other hand, saying that pulling out would be a disaster is not putting much faith in the Iraqi people. Again I'll use the analogy - if it was the US that had been invaded and had its leader deposed, would you rather it was your own countrymen or the occupying country that chose your next leadership? I don't think that if this had happened in a technologically industrialised world (eg. the West, pretty much), it would be expected that any other country than the one which had been invaded would choose their new leader.

That said, I am aware that Iraq is in a fair mess right now - divided into three religious-based groups united only by a hatred of the occupying army. That said, given that the Bush government has made a shambles out of invading the country, I don't think it should be up to them to choose Iraq's next Government (so, yes, including the UN would be a big step forward, another good point).

Totally bullshit.

I don't get defensive, I get mad! I don't get mad AT anybody (seriously guys, anything I say, don't take it personal. It may seem like I'm attack your beliefs your values, and your opinions, but I'm not I'm just presenting my opinions on those views), but this war can never be justified! There are no two sides to the story - on the one hand, there was an evil, megalomaniacal dictator hell-bent on world domination, and on the other there was Saddam Hussein (:( I kill me!).

And L.S.D, I wasn't attacking your country, its people or its policy. I was just stating what I saw on this PBS special on terrorism. <_<

Good point, but on the other hand, saying that pulling out would be a disaster is not putting much faith in the Iraqi people. Again I'll use the analogy - if it was the US that had been invaded and had its leader deposed, would you rather it was your own countrymen or the occupying country that chose your next leadership? I don't think that if this had happened in a technologically industrialised world (eg. the West, pretty much), it would be expected that any other country than the one which had been invaded would choose their new leader.

That said, I am aware that Iraq is in a fair mess right now - divided into three religious-based groups united only by a hatred of the occupying army. That said, given that the Bush government has made a shambles out of invading the country, I don't think it should be up to them to choose Iraq's next Government (so, yes, including the UN would be a big step forward, another good point).

I'm not sure, but did the War of 1812 did that(Or was it just the Canadians burned down the White House). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, since I don't know american history well enough.