Capcom Fighting Jam

As much as i like capcom i think this one's gonna blow. If they'ed only redrawn ever sprite or some of them into the SFIII form then this game would have kicked azz. To me it just looks like some Mugen knockoff.

OPPS, i posted wrong

Edited by Cominus

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SF3's graphics engine is good as it is! No IMPROVEMENTS! Don't MAKE IT LOOK LIKE SFA3 LIKE CVS >_<

As much as i like capcom i think this one's gonna blow. If they'ed only redrawn ever sprite or some of them in the SFIII form then this game would have kicked azz. To me it just looks like some Mugen knockoff.

remember it's still in development. hopefully they just used old sprites to build up the game. they are redrawing darkstalker sprites for sammy vs capcom, maybe they'll import those.

and ryu better have his SF3 straight kick!

Chances are they redrew the sprites from DS to fit in the SF3 art cuz DS is pretty damn old.

from what i see, it looked like a 1v1 game. but later in the video it states "change characters every round" and at the versus screens there were 2v2 goin on. so im sure it isnt tag team. its either like KOF 3v3, or another striker system. if its one of the 2, i hope its like KOF, bc i hate striker systems..

What i meant to say was If they'ed only redrawn ever sprite or some of them into the SFIII form then this game would have kicked azz

This is from the Gamespot article:

Fighting Jam is a two-on-two game, but you it isn’t a classic tag battle setup like some of Capcom’s previous games. Instead, the game lets you choose which fighter you want to take into battle before the start of every round. Characters maintain the same fighting styles--and in some cases, the same character sprites--that they had in their original game. The game will use the standard, Street Fighter-style six-button setup.

The character list currently looks a little thin, but Capcom has only announced two fighters from each game. Representing Street Fighter II are Ryu and Guile. Demitri and Felicia appear courtesy of Darkstalkers. Though she appeared in Street Fighter II, as well, Chun-Li is paired with Yun on the Street Fighter III side of things. Street Fighter Alpha brings Guy and Sakura into the fray, and Red Earth provides Leo and Hauser. The game will contain additional hidden fighters.

What i meant to say was If they'ed only redrawn ever sprite or some of them into the SFIII form then this game would have kicked azz

Fighting Jam is a two-on-two game, but you it isn’t a classic tag battle setup like some of Capcom’s previous games. Instead, the game lets you choose which fighter you want to take into battle before the start of every round. Characters maintain the same fighting styles--and in some cases, the same character sprites--that they had in their original game. The game will use the standard, Street Fighter-style six-button setup.

The character list currently looks a little thin, but Capcom has only announced two fighters from each game. Representing Street Fighter II are Ryu and Guile. Demitri and Felicia appear courtesy of Darkstalkers. Though she appeared in Street Fighter II, as well, Chun-Li is paired with Yun on the Street Fighter III side of things. Street Fighter Alpha brings Guy and Sakura into the fray, and Red Earth provides Leo and Hauser. The game will contain additional hidden fighters.

ahhhh very interesting concept....again capcom has created another type of team-like game play. im glad it aint strikers though. im sure the hidden characters are the likes of Ken, Morgan, and Akuma or Bison. But this is CAPCOM fighting jam, so u never know, there could be spiderman and other marvel dudes too...so far, very interesting...

ahhhh very interesting concept....again capcom has created another type of team-like game play. im glad it aint strikers though. im sure the hidden characters are the likes of Ken, Morgan, and Akuma or Bison. But this is CAPCOM fighting jam, so u never know, there could be spiderman and other marvel dudes too...so far, very interesting...

That was how the system in Rival School's was. You could choose who you wanted to play as before each round. It's nothing new. But Capcom did come up with it. :holys: