Nintendo DS Vs PSP

You seen both of them now...which one will be successful?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, nintendo is going to lose this one. Anything with a Sony label is usually going to outsell a nintendo label. Of course with Nintendos dominance in the hand held category, this will be a close race. BUT, if sony does win this, and Nintendos next gen system isnt the best on the block when the other two are announced, its over. One sony has the hand held market to, you can pretty much kiss nintendo as any kind of hardware manufacuter goodbye.

Does anyone remember when the Game Gear came out? It was better then the Gameboy, but did it sell? Nope. Sony needs to jump a lota rocks to beat nintendo.

Edit: Telling from the press conferences of both. Gamers and the devs like the DS( You know how many people cheered once the DS came out? It was insane!), but Publishers perfer the PSP (There was cheering, but it wasn't as big as Nintendo's).

Edited by K`dash

ok, game gear was great but there was big problem dealing with battery life and that was one of the main reasons why it and nomad failed.

psp on the other hand is better in specs and has nice battery life and like its big brother has more uses then just games unlike ds.

i wouldn't doubt that there will be a nice portable console war but i see sony winning this one :holys:

I don't know if this has been done before (I've read some comments about this issue in K'Dash's E3 news stuff). But if it hasn't, lets do it, but if it has, lets do it again.

I don't want to get into specs and stuff so ill just make comments on both.

Nintendo DS: N64 like graphics, wireless multiplayer, backwards compatible with GBA, PDA screen, internal microphone, huge support.

Sony PSP: Play movies and Mp4 Playback, PS2 like graphics, great support, (thats all I know now, please tell me more and ill add it.)

Personally, I believe the Nintendo DS will be victorious. Nintendo has never lost in the handheld business. Yeah, you might say "Yeah, well, Nintendo never lost in the console business until sony came, blah blah blah."

Here is the main thing I like about the Nintendo DS. I don't care that it has two screens and that crap, but its backwards compatible. That means that in addition to play DS games, it can play the 1000 plus gba games, and thousand plus GB/GBC games. Thats a whole lot of games! When you get the psp, you will have to wait for sony to build up their library of titles.

Another key factor is battery life. Nintendo's DS sounds very capable of giving the player acceptable game time. However, the PSP is going to be a huge power guzzler because of its massive power. Really, IGN is speculating that the PSP will only be able to play 10 hours straight MAX before you need to recharge it.

The thing is...I rather play N64 like games for 10 + hours...then to play the Sony PSP and run out of juice in a few. Handhelds are supposed to be portable, I don't want to use a A/C adaptor and sit near a power socket to enjoy my handheld.

Thats my 3 cents, whats yours?

10 hours? Are you serious? If you can carry an N64 around for 10 hours and play it then i'd go for that but if not then WTF are you talking about?!!! Who plays VG for 10 hours straight?! If you do you seriusly need to turn off the system and go out side. Unless you're going camping 10 hours is more than enough. Even if its like 20 hour car ride they will more than likely sell those cigaret lighter plug chargers. Besides there are no real specs of the DS so where cant compare our imagination to the PSP. The PSP graphics look DC just like the DS is supposed to look like. It's all up to the games and the controls. NIntendo makes really fun Handheld games and PSP...well i havent seen any so i dont know.

all the comments against sony were sayed when they enterd the console market. sony has a lot of money to make sure this thing succeeds. they won't just release it and see what happens. they'll be in for the fight.

Nintendo's system looks better to me. I like the flip setup cuz it protects the screen when it's boucing around in your backpack and stuff. nintendo also has an installed user base with the compatability.

I think this one is gonna come down to games. (doesn't it always)

ahh psp is gonna win , nintendo is gonna be pumping more kiddy and family games........psp will have good games like socom and grand turismo ( atleast i think)

bttr specs as well.....then again that's my opinion

n-gage was the worst thing ever.....

im more than likely gonna get both but the psp is gonna be the bomb move and mp3 playback and imagine the capabilites of the emus they are gone come up with for these babies, hands down sony will have more support but nintendo does have all that backwards compatibility but they are all old we want the new stuff. sony hands down has more capabilities right off the start.

I don't know if this has been done before (I've read some comments about this issue in K'Dash's E3 news stuff). But if it hasn't, lets do it, but if it has, lets do it again.

I don't want to get into specs and stuff so ill just make comments on both.

Nintendo DS: N64 like graphics, wireless multiplayer, backwards compatible with GBA, PDA screen, internal microphone, huge support.

Sony PSP: Play movies and Mp4 Playback, PS2 like graphics, great support, (thats all I know now, please tell me more and ill add it.)

Personally, I believe the Nintendo DS will be victorious. Nintendo has never lost in the handheld business. Yeah, you might say "Yeah, well, Nintendo never lost in the console business until sony came, blah blah blah."

Here is the main thing I like about the Nintendo DS. I don't care that it has two screens and that crap, but its backwards compatible. That means that in addition to play DS games, it can play the 1000 plus gba games, and thousand plus GB/GBC games. Thats a whole lot of games! When you get the psp, you will have to wait for sony to build up their library of titles.

Another key factor is battery life. Nintendo's DS sounds very capable of giving the player acceptable game time. However, the PSP is going to be a huge power guzzler because of its massive power. Really, IGN is speculating that the PSP will only be able to play 10 hours straight MAX before you need to recharge it.

The thing is...I rather play N64 like games for 10 + hours...then to play the Sony PSP and run out of juice in a few. Handhelds are supposed to be portable, I don't want to use a A/C adaptor and sit near a power socket to enjoy my handheld.

Thats my 3 cents, whats yours?

10 hours? Are you serious? If you can carry an N64 around for 10 hours and play it then i'd go for that but if not then WTF are you talking about?!!! Who plays VG for 10 hours straight?! If you do you seriusly need to turn off the system and go out side. Unless you're going camping 10 hours is more than enough. Even if its like 20 hour car ride they will more than likely sell those cigaret lighter plug chargers. Besides there are no real specs of the DS so where cant compare our imagination to the PSP. The PSP graphics look DC just like the DS is supposed to look like. It's all up to the games and the controls. NIntendo makes really fun Handheld games and PSP...well i havent seen any so i dont know.

Sigh, it seems that you don't grasp the true importance of battery life. Im not saying the average player will spend 10 hours playing a handheld game, im saying that you will be able to play 10 hours before recharging it. Im sorry, but to me, this isn't enough battery life, especially if you have long trips and don't have the time or resources to charge it up.

Plus, please notice the 10 hours MAX, that could basically mean that some PSP games could gauge so much juice that you may only be able to play games a few hours, maybe 2 or 3.

Now lets take this scenario...im watching FF7 AC on my PSP, after watching it, I play MG Solid for 1 hours and boom, the battery is dead. Its just one of the possible inconviences for Sony PSP owners.

However, then again, Sony may surprise us with a special new technology that saves tons of energy, but its just a hope now.

What Sony is going to do at E3 is to make the must of application regardless of price.