Kof Maximum Impact! New Screens And Chracters!

Madi

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The E3 video from Fileplanet was awesome.

I was watching the video and I saw the name Ryo Sakazaki and noticed different characters in the fight though. I think his name might be a place holder. If you watch the video and pause at every fight bit you'll see what I'm talking about.

I haven't seen the video, but does anyone else notice that all the screenshots so far were taken from a fixed camera angle (a 2D style camera angle?) If it's the same in the video, do you reckon the whole game will be like this? If so what do you think? I personally think that if you're gonna make a 3D fighter, you have to have a floating camera! (otherwise it's not a 3D fighter, just a 2D fighter with 3D-rendered characters).

Edited by random guy

I haven't seen the video, but does anyone else notice that all the screenshots so far were taken from a fixed camera angle (a 2D style camera angle?) If it's the same in the video, do you reckon the whole game will be like this? If so what do you think? I personally think that if you're gonna make a 3D fighter, you have to have a floating camera! (otherwise it's not a 3D fighter, just a 2D fighter with 3D-rendered characters).

Well in the video the camera moved a bit when a super move was done. There were several instances of that. But it seems that the normal fighting camera is basically in 2D mode, but not exactly. You have to see the video to know what I'm talking about. And as expected in a 3D fighter, you can plane shift in this.

you can plane shift

Well that's the only thing I was thinking of...that is I was thinking it would be a disadvantage to the game if you couldn't do that in KOF:MI. I'll have to see this video, but I can't be bothered signing up to gamespot atm.

you can plane shift

Well that's the only thing I was thinking of...that is I was thinking it would be a disadvantage to the game if you couldn't do that in KOF:MI. I'll have to see this video, but I can't be bothered signing up to gamespot atm.

Hmm...I wonder how plane shifting incorporated into a 3D fighting game...I like the restricted movement, but plane shifting? I never really got the hang of it while Playing Real Bout 2.

plane shifting is interesting but not in a kof game i guess, i don`t know characters are well modeled but i would have expected more from a kof 3d game, i have the impresion tha movements animation sucks i am not too convinced but hey i liked fatal fury wild ambiiton heh

Maybe I was confused...I thought when you were talking about plane shifting you were just talking about being able to move 'north and south' as well as left and right - you know, like you can do in pretty much every 3d fighting game? What does plane shifting mean if it doesn't mean that?

Plane shifting means (at least meant in Real Bout) the ability to move to the background and attack from there. I'm kinda confused too....how does that translate to a 3D fighting game, since 8-way movement is a standard these days?

Plane shifting means (at least meant in Real Bout) the ability to move to the background and attack from there. I'm kinda confused too....how does that translate to a 3D fighting game, since 8-way movement is a standard these days?

Oh man, no nononono. It's not that. It's just the ability to dodge attacks. I misused the term Plane Shift. Atleast from the video I didn't notice any RBFF style plane shifting.