AMD,Intel, or IBM?

Gryph

Who is your favorite CPU manufacturer/chip?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

right now its Intel  specially the HT ones

Well the HT is only program specific, just like AMD's 64 bit. Do you have any programs that use HT? I didn't know of any that have come out except for like Photoshop.

But AMD's HT (Hyper Transport) owns all. It will make new I/O devices communicate at around 13 Gb/s!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMD of course, in reality, if you will make it comparison, speed "per" Mhz (Err. bang per mhz... XD), then AMD's is definitely faster........ Because in reality AMD's processor's are a whole lot slower Mhz wise, but is still very competitive to Intel Processors.

As for Cyrix.... After trying out the M3, bleh, a perfectly configured K6-3 processor is faster of exact clock speeds, believe it or not....... :D

Anyway, whats the news on the current, fastest, latest processors?

Pentiums are always clocked higher and people are like "OH MY GOD! IT's 3.4GHZ! IT MUST BE FASTER!" Which is untrue. AMD's are not clocked as high at Pentiums, but preform faster.

The whole clockspeed is very misleading.

And why you picked Cyrix? I dunno, that thing sucks. I'd put it on a sucky level with the Celeron core.

Edited by Lightsier