King Of Fighters 2003 (kof2003.zip) News III

James

This might sound dumb, but can you have the game running at all times even if your not playing against someone else when playing on Kailara, and then they can just join right in? Just wanted to know cause KOF takes a little bit of time to load up on my computer in MAME.

You need more RAM. If the game runs fine but takes forever to load, it's strictly a RAM issue. I'd say 256MB is the sweet spot. Any less and it takes longer for the game to set itself up in RAM.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to try to help get KOF2K3 in kawaks should consider visiting here

http://kof2003.web1000.com/other.htm

with this information anyone can make it work on kawaks?

what is hex?

is it easy to learn? :rolleyes:

Hell yes! I am almost afraid to start helping with this... because I'm such a stubborn bastard that I can't start something without finishing... that's why I ended up compiling mame 32 plus to accomodate a fix i made in the s rom of kof2003, just because I love KOF so much, even though I hate MAME.

I'll try this some, and see what I can come up with.

[edit] btw, I encourage everyone to help with this, especially people who already have KOF 2003's rom. You go to that guy's link and download like a 3 kb file and read the instructions. You don't need to know hex... I do know hex, because for a class I took once, they made me learn how to convert from decimal or binary to hex with a pencil and paper. Believe me, it's not something you can do in your head, except for common ones, like FF. I know FF because I used to hex edit rpg games...and what's the magic number in rpg games? 255. 255 in hex = FF.

Anyway, you don't need to knwo hex. Open up the windows calculator and set it to scientific mode. click the Hex tab, then enter a hex number, click the decimal tab to see that number in decimal form.

Edited by cosmic_lord

hey guuys..i got the kof2003 for mame..and you knwo what/.im disappointe din snk/playmore..i had lots of expectations for kof2003..the ldm.is horrible.and argh.. yea disappointed me alot.. but is it out for winkawaks..kawaks is the best emulator out there.hm.. it'll be great if someone could fix that up quickly..

argh!!! kof2003 is not that good!!!! :P