So... How do you guys like the new look?

solidius23

EDIT: After reading the front page, I found how to get IPB Blue, so NOW i can say the look is really nice, just not a fan of black, sorry about that.

Now I need to point out a few issues:

1. On the blue skin, it says IPS Community instead of 1Emulation at the top.

2. Everything is at a crawl, it is really slow to do anything. Scrolling is particularly painful.

3. Fast Edit is gone.

4. Not allowed to look at the Member List

5. Search is turned off.

6. My own IP shows as Private, it should only say that on Admin Owners.

7. If I delete a post, it doesn't go to the Recycle Bin - it is gone.

Hope Miskie or GC can sort these out... Thanks :-)

1. Haven't made a 1emulation logo yet for the default Invision Board skin. Will do soon.

2. It's odd the forum has become slow again, even though we have it set to performance mode. At least, we're not completely down. As for scrolling -- no issues here. Please try a different browser or computer and let me know if you get the same problem.

3. Fast edit is still there.. it's just fully built in now. The way it works for me is when I click edit on a post, it immediately allows me to edit the post without loading a new page. If it doesn't work for you -- could be a browser issue.

4 & 5. Performance / limited access mode is turned on for the forums right now. See my news post.

6. I got to look at the User Admin group and see why it's doing that.

7. No idea.. will look into recycle bin settings.

7. If I delete a post, it doesn't go to the Recycle Bin - it is gone.

Posts can be softdeleted and kept in their location now, permanently deleted or moved to a section set as trashcan. Perhaps the old setup would need an edit, as it mightve been before functionalty supported through a plugin (if so, now no longer necessary).

Regarding the warnstatus, its an easy template that can be set to hide, same with the 'return to top' in every post. Its mostly there to warn over specific posts, but its also accessible from within profiles for users and staff anyway.

In the old days there was a setting to say what should happen with deleted posts, not a plugin.

As for going to a member's profile:

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles

Just looked at warn logs, no controls to adjust the warn level. However it might be off the bottom, the warn log box is very large.

Tried Edit again, and it went faster this time, may well just be a matter of caching.

Then, tried adding an entry to my Blog, it went to Draft first, then I chose Publish,... and there it is, it works now.

With the Search turned off, it unfortunately means we can't look for new posts or whatever, so they will most likely be ignored.

Now, where is the FAS... :sad:

Oh something else.. it used to say who was looking at the topic, at the bottom. Now, it isn't there anymore.

Disabled for performance mode, I believe.

Viewing members profile is disabled for performance mode too.

Working RSS feeds... did these links change for you Robert? (edit - I see the links did change after the upgrade. New ones are below!)

Site News and Updates

http://www.1emulatio...ype=forums&id=1

Latest Posts (Last Updated Thread)

http://www.1emulatio...ype=forums&id=2

Reviews & Rants

http://www.1emulatio...ype=forums&id=3

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?act=rssout&id=1 is the old one (I only monitored the news feed).

I had trouble with the entry box for some reason, it had a 1 in the corner and I couldn't enter anything.. so I refreshed then it worked.

The new RSS feed works, thanks!

I think the problem with EDIT is that is was so slow that pressing 'Edit' also resulted in pressing 'Use Full Editor' which just happens to line up to the same mouse position.

The forum is running much faster now, although I think there may be a bit more available yet, once the fine tuning is done.

http://www.1emulatio...act=rssout&id=1 is the old one (I only monitored the news feed).

I had trouble with the entry box for some reason, it had a 1 in the corner and I couldn't enter anything.. so I refreshed then it worked.

By "entry box"... do you mean the "reply to this topic" box?

Yes, that's what I meant.

Just now, I updated the previous post, when I asked it to save, the topic wouldn't come back, it's like nothing happened.

So I quit the site, came back from the beginning, and it had, in fact, saved my changes.

I'm suspecting that, if someone posts while I'm still writing, it screws me up somehow.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Just now, I updated the previous post, when I asked it to save, the topic wouldn't come back, it's like nothing happened.

So I quit the site, came back from the beginning, and it had, in fact, saved my changes.

I'm suspecting that, if someone posts while I'm still writing, it screws me up somehow.

Sounds like an AJAX issue with your browser. I would highly doubt it has anything to do with people posting at the same time... what are you running?