Top Posters In This Topic

and kof98 UM pgm 2 work fine??

Thanks and good job

final burn legend powaaa!!!!!!!!

PGM is not the same as PGM2.

Small update:

Reduced amount of RAM used by a few MB.

Implemented ARM7 -- KOVSH now works.

great work as always iq,hopefully the fantasy zone 2 16 bit version is playable in this new update of final burn legends.

have you been working on the code for the pgm cave shmups for a while iq?

Small update:

Reduced amount of RAM used by a few MB.

Implemented ARM7 -- KOVSH now works.

great work as always iq,hopefully the fantasy zone 2 16 bit version is playable in this new update of final burn legends.

have you been working on the code for the pgm cave shmups for a while iq?

Only a day or so. I am more familiar with the PGM code than anyone else (having rewritten most of it in later fba revisions).

And I'm quite familiar with the VMM code I'm using too (as I wrote that too lol).

WOW thank you for the updated drivers, I appreciate the effort you have both gone through so thank you...

OK im going to ask a simple question, I dont expect abuse etc but if I get then hey wont be the first time.....

Will the open sources be released \ BP get permission to add this new triumuph in to coinops?

thanks

PS you gotta apreciate the fact I had the nads to ask in public and not just PM the author direct.

Im not trying to ruffle feathers, start fights or arguements I just thought its only fair to ask in public.

@Darknior:

Do you have a 128MB ram Xbox? If so, then CPS3 does work in Final Burn Legends. What you have to do is load up either Coinops / MameoX128, then immediately exit (or reboot). After that, go into FBL and load up a CPS3 game. It will work at a decent framerate but below 60fps, which is still kind of remarkable considering it works with filters and 720p HD enabled. It looks amazing. Who knows what it would run like if it had VMM written for it. Adding VMM to CPS3 would probably be a pain in the ass. SFIII:New Gen, SFIII: 2nd Impact, RedEarth, Jojo's Venture, and Jojo's Bizarre Adv all work. However, SFIII: 3rd Strike gets an out of memory error even with 128MB!!

I also noticed that all of the transparency effects are in FBL's CPS3 code. If you play Red Earth on both versions, you can see this. Sound is also superior in the FBL code. There is also a bug in the CPX3 emulator on Jojo's Venture 1 and 2. The final boss Dio Brando has a health glitch where he takes extreme damage while causing very little to the player. You can stand there and watch him hit you while waiting for time to run out. He can't kill you before the timer runs out even if you don't defend yourself. This bug is not in FBL's Jojo games.

Do not be mistaken; I'm glad to have CPX3 on the Xbox, so no offense to the author. But CPX3 could have used a few more releases to iron a few things out. Or the source could have been released so that it could be improved upon by those who want to put in the effort. Still, it is a great time to be an Xbox owner. So many choices exist that we should appreciate.

Edited by neoryu

Will the open sources be released \ BP get permission to add this new triumuph in to coinops?

FBL was ported by nes6502 and these are his words taken directly from the release notes which I believe sum up the feelings of everyone concerned:

RELEASE THE SOURCE! Don't take mine or anyone else's work and not

release the source. Everyone should get to benefit and future

developers should be able to improve the code whenever current

development stops.

So yes, it is my intention to make a full source release along with any binaries and I would expect anyone who uses the code for their own project to do the same. As for 'permission', nes6502 made it very clear on these forums that he did not wish to have any of his work 'rebranded' as part of CoinOPS and since I can't lay claim to any of the code in this release I can only remind everyone of that. The source will be available though so BP can do as he wishes with it, I don't personally follow CoinOPS development so I doubt I'll be aware of it anyway and for my part I'll certainly continue to work on FBL regardless.