The State of the Forum

no idea what a bubble wand is.. I tried moderating the Xbox section, upsetting some people, and a certain person complained loudly. So, I've stopped, and the same person (who has posted in this thread) now complains again. Cannot win. Why should I stay?

Why should you leave? Internet is Serious Business, you know that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pop in for a few minutes at a time, might post in the lounge or spam but otherwise have no time for the mess that is the rest of the forum.

I asked YEARS ago for nesting in the forum categories and still have not gotten my wish. That alone would make it so much easier for the staff here to keep a handle on things, as right now it's a HUGE long list of crap to look at and scroll through.

There is also the problem that us Admins, have NO access to our ACP anymore. There's an HTTP Auth on the page we don't have username/password for, so our hands are tied to do ANYTHING beyond what the moderators are capable of.

I'm a single dad, working 50 hours (+1.5 hour travel per day) a week right now and as such my time is very limited for real life...let alone the internet.

I visit daily, just to keep an eye on things.

But, no access to the admin panel, no FAS, no arcade, and nothing much going on, so I rarely post now.

In fact just yesterday I was giving consideration to abandoning you lot.

But I might hang about for a little longer.

Do stay, Robert :D

I tried moderating the Xbox section, upsetting some people, and a certain person complained loudly. So, I've stopped, and the same person (who has posted in this thread) now complains again. Cannot win. Why should I stay?

Clearly I've rocked your boat. I do appologise. But I hardly call one PM to Agozer complaining loudly. A PM that was not aimed at you and to my knowlege had zero consequense. I wasn't even aware until now that it was you who moved all those posts around a while back. I'd be happy to stop posting in the Xbox section entirely, if it weren't for every few days I read 'Blame Iceman for this' 'Iceman is a dick' and other such bullshit aimed directly at me and other members who dare to have an opinion. Imagine if everyday Agozer said to Emsley 'You're a piece of shit, and I'd quite enjoy it if you died' Would Ems just sit quietly and accept it 'Yes, I am a piece of shit, and it's ok for you to say so coz you're staff.' No, he'd probably respond, and probably get annoyed with it after a while. So I'm sorry for complaining, and I certainly don't think it's worth leaving over.

The fact that its 2010 and we've been complaining about this since 2006 when emulation started dying and we're still here and alive. It could be worse; other forums have posts ranging from different months. At least ours in general discussion are all in March. At least our discussions unlike other emulation sites are plagued with emulator configuration errors. Good day.

We are no longer an emulation site. I would say this is a common interest site (although barely alive). We talked about games, we talked about lives, we talked about movies, and we enjoy each other companies. I wouldn't ask for more except maybe we post more regularly? :D